Serviio - Free Media Streaming Server

A friend of mine has this and showed it to me the other day. It's awesome. Works great. He is using the free version. :D

Serviio is a free media server. It allows you to stream your media files (music, video or images) to renderer devices (e.g. a TV set, Bluray player, games console or mobile phone) on your connected home network.

There is also a paid for Pro edition which further enhances the possibilities of sharing content in your connected household.

Serviio works with many devices from your connected home (TV, Playstation 3, XBox 360, smart phones, tablets, etc.). It supports profiles for particular devices so that it can be tuned to maximise the device's potential and/or minimize lack of media format playback support (via transcoding).

Access your files anywhere with Pro edition. Use MediaBrowser or one of the Apps to enjoy your content over the Internet.

Serviio enables playback of online sources like RSS feeds, live streams or web site content so that you can listen to your favourite podcasts or watch latest TV programmes published online.

Serviio is based on Java technology and therefore runs on most platforms, including Windows, Mac and Linux (incl. embedded systems, e.g. NAS).

Check it out: http://www.serviio.org

I'm using this as well as mediabrowser I had to ditch plex due to it having issues with adding files to library. It would not add any more.

even reinstalled/rebooted 5 times, did the registry fix, deleted the two bundles folders that are know to get screwy... etc...

and after all that the media server refuses to run so.... I'm done with that mess.

mediabrowser runs reptty good so far though. adds media way quicker!