Why Do People Buy iPhones?

My cousin uses an iPhone because she's legally blind. iOS has the best accessibility options of the big three. Even as an Apple critic, I can't deny they did a darn good job in this area.

because at the end of the day, iPhones out of the box are still much better than any Android I have personally seen.

My cousin uses an iPhone because she's legally blind. iOS has the best accessibility options of the big three. Even as an Apple critic, I can't deny they did a darn good job in this area.

Maybe because they like iPhone?  Simple as that?  Or they prefer iOS and the vast amount of apps available for it...

Who cares?

This, This, and This.

Dude just get another ROM and OS up[dates are moot.

Yeah, because 100% of consumers know how to do that :|  99% of the consumers won't even know what rooting is or what custom ROM's are. You are in the minority.

• 2 weeks later...

Today everybody know I -phone has many good feature but htc and sony also provide same feautred phone in less rate than I-Phone. So from my point people mainly buy i-phone due its big brand name.

I wouldn't say that iphone still has really good Apps that are not available on Android.  Android is still kind of laggy and fragmented even 5.0.  Iphone just works and is fast.

My 2 cents

1.) Best Performance. Android users will lie and say their phone is perfectly smooth and never lags.  My note 4 even on AOSP roms can stutter and lag, more often than I ever got when trying out a 6+. 

2.) Best out of box experience.

3.) No bloatware

4.) Best camera.  Can just point and shoot and get a great pic.  Android requires you change settings here and there.  (Dont link some garbage one off review of the Nexus 6 or Note 4 being better, I have used these and they arent)

5.) Usually gets apps first.

6.) If you're a mac user, the whole integration thing is boss. 

Despite all that, I still go with Android cause certain things totally annoy me:

1.) No Back button

2.) The 'share' button on android is unmatched. Also things like 'Send Photo' can pull photos from dropbox/etc.  

3.) Cost of iPhones is a bit ridic.  I understand theyre meant to last you years, but an Android CAN as well.  

Take a look at the flagship iPhone at any given period in time. What was the equivalent flagship for other platforms? Even to today, however you may feel about iOS, there's often no equivalent high end phone. The Windows phone platform really doesn't have a true flagship, at all.

My 2 cents

(snipped)

Despite all that, I still go with Android cause certain things totally annoy me:

3.) Cost of iPhones is a bit ridic.  I understand theyre meant to last you years, but an Android CAN as well.  

I can understand the price of an iPhone being costly but the full price of a Samsung device is well within the same realm with the Galaxy S* and Note * at $600 and $700 respectively plus taxes and other garbage. I got a $200 gift card from AT&T on a 2 year old iPhone 5, can't be beat! I only paid $165 essentially and got myself a 6 Plus for free* (Upfront and 3 payments paid via AT&T Next using that $200 gift card). iPhones have some of the best trade-in value anywhere on this planet which is why I can justify the cost. All items devaluate over time but the iPhone is like my Mercedes Benz' residual, they both hold high residual value compared to the rest.

Take a look at the flagship iPhone at any given period in time. What was the equivalent flagship for other platforms? Even to today, however you may feel about iOS, there's often no equivalent high end phone. The Windows phone platform really doesn't have a true flagship, at all.

I don't agree.  For a while now iPhones have trailed in just about everything except CPU and GPU, and those never stay on top for long before being matched.

Not making a case for or against Android, but there quite easily are equivalent high end phones to iOS on Android.

I don't agree.  For a while now iPhones have trailed in just about everything except CPU and GPU, and those never stay on top for long before being matched.

Not making a case for or against Android, but there quite easily are equivalent high end phones to iOS on Android.

Its too hard to make a comparison.  There things that are great on Iphones. For instance Samsung S5 touch sensor is crap compared to iOS touchID.  iOS doesn't really need a quad core processor. iOS is pretty smooth as it is. I believe GPU is actually faster then all android phones expect those that us tegra. The  Games the iphone are much better than anything on android.  Of course lots things that are better on android.  Share button.  Google Now is slightly better integrated. etc.

Its too hard to make a comparison.  There things that are great on Iphones. For instance Samsung S5 touch sensor is crap compared to iOS touchID.  iOS doesn't really need a quad core processor. iOS is pretty smooth as it is. I believe GPU is actually faster then all android phones expect those that us tegra. The  Games the iphone are much better than anything on android.  Of course lots things that are better on android.  Share button.  Google Now is slightly better integrated. etc.

I respect your opinion.  I can counter it, but I am choosing not to because that is off-topic from my original response.

There are pros and cons to every platform.  There is no one perfect device.