Any Ideas for a light Image viewer?

Question

Hello.

I am looking for a light image viewer. I don't need it to do anything else but view images and load quickly. I would use Windows photo galary but it can't handle animated gifs. I've looked at infran view but found all the options and abilities detract from simply viewing images.

Does anyone have any ideas?

10 answers to this question

XnView's another one that's similar to InfranView, can customize what's visible (tabs, toolbars, etc), can dumb it down to just a frame if that's what you want. Not 100% but reasonably sure InfranView can do the same.. been a while, under the view menu if I recall.  Turn everything off.

Hello.

I am looking for a light image viewer. I don't need it to do anything else but view images and load quickly. I would use Windows photo galary but it can't handle animated gifs. I've looked at infran view but found all the options and abilities detract from simply viewing images.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Faststone Image Viewer  can play animated gifs... no problem.

I use FastStone MaxView 2.2 here (the last version that was free for non-commercial use).

Plays animated gifs fine and is only a 1.5mb download. You can also copy the exe anywhere and it will display most of the supported formats (raw formats use extra dlls which are installed with the app).

I use Faststone Maxview. It is free, opens the photos quickly and in full screen with no toolbars or any other clutter.

Edit: I just checked and apparently version 2.2 was the last free version but it works perfectly fine.

on windows i always relied on xnview don't know if it's still one of the best in that regard.

now i would heavily recomand gwenview which is KDE based and the default viewer in kubuntu. very fast, lot's of plugins optionally.

why not giving it a try? it's doable with andLinux  :)