Minimal & Discrete Power Cable

Hi,

I need to run a power cable to my closet...its about 10FT or so. I couldn't get this inside of the wall or behind baseboard (already things behind it) so it has to be outside.

Looking for something that can be run along with the baseboard, almost hidden, or any other suggestion you may have?

Hi,

I need to run a power cable to my closet...its about 10FT or so. I couldn't get this inside of the wall or behind baseboard (already things behind it) so it has to be outside.

Looking for something that can be run along with the baseboard, almost hidden, or any other suggestion you may have?

there are all kinds of covers you can buy to hide the cable.  you can paint over them, or paint over the cables itself.   

what color are your baseboards?  if they are white there are white rectangular cable covers, that glue to the baseboard. it looks nice.

no idea about any special cables (again, need to know your floor/baseboard colors...)

They are white.

it would be coming from the power plug above the baseboard, down...then across, do those things work like that?

They are white.

it would be coming from the power plug above the baseboard, down...then across, do those things work like that?

yeah, that is how i did it in my parents house.   cannot remember the name of those covers though... got them from a local hardware store (or might be from ikea)

i just insert cable inside and glue them.  looks much better then just cable. you can cut them at an angle for turns, so it looks like one complete cover.

Trunking is what you need, like the stuff on here

that is nice too :)   i usually don't like to lose a whole inch of the floor surface. and prefer a small cable hide covers.   but depending on the setup, this can work really well too.

Hmm,

Not sure where to look (earthworm, yours sounds better).

Though I guess I will try searching (i suck at it lol)

If you have enough of a gap between your skirting/base board and the floor, can't you just tuck the cable under it with a plastic scraper?

I've done it with ethernet and / or speaker cable for years here in the UK.

If you have laminate flooring, leave a 10mm or so gap between the laminate and the wall, and the cable will go nicely around under the skirting.

Otherwise as said, trunking around the skirting will be the neatest way!