Skype for Windows 7.0.0.100

It's out. Get it!

lol, i started to hate to update skype a lot time ago.

the old one did everything i wanted exactly how i wanted.  i did not need no new stuff.  buggy, and with complicated changing interface. each update make it less reliable for me then before.

lol, i started to hate to update skype a lot time ago.

the old one did everything i wanted exactly how i wanted.  i did not need no new stuff.  buggy, and with complicated changing interface. each update make it less reliable for me then before.

both teh windows one and the android one.. this last update is crap... it's so slow and the android one won't sign in most of the time. :(

Changelog as it appears on DNA website:

Microsoft has released its Skype 7 for Windows with improved features following complaints from users regarding its screen space that the app consumes.

According to PCWorld, Skype 7 is now complete with a more touch-friendly interface and a new compact mode to help cut down on the screen space of the app. Microsoft said in its final release that it had included a new compact view in response to the feedback from users.

The company said that the update can be found under both "View" as well as Tools>Options>IM Settings options.

Now, with its touch-interface, users can slide a window around on the second screen without a mouse, if they have a webpage on the big screen. 

Download link:

http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-windows/

I don't need much more then being able to chat so I might be biased, but I prefer the Modern version of Skype, I can just snap it to the right of the screen and move along. I love it in combination with the Modern version of IE. Then again I do have a laptop with touch.

if you have a seperate microsoft account for skype like I do you can't use the metro one without associating the WHOLE WINDOWS ACCOUNT with the other one!! why can't they just let you use a different one with the metro skype?? ugh -_-

It's not as bad as Lync: a 300+ MB download (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx%3Fid%3D35450), and about 1GB once installed. Perhaps it installs a whole stack of Office 2013 framework components also? Either way, I was pretty shocked.

RE memory usage, would be interesting to compare it to FaceTime's.

sorry off topic, what is that widget?

Rainmeter:Gnometer skin with Candara font applied