Recommend a 8 inch tablet for me please

Nexus 7, LG G Pad 8.3, Dell Venue 8 Pro.

I know the Venue 8 pro isn't an Android device, but I thought it is worth mentioning as it does run full Windows and is great for its price.

That's the same exact tablet I have (8.4 LTE version). I bought it at less than half the price but at the same price and if it made phone calls (that was a requisite so I can avoid paying 2 contracts) I would have chosen the iPad Air 2 anyday: much better battery life and performance, apps that don't install all sort of background garbage, no dreaded TouchWiz UIs, anti-glare screen, updates for years, fingerprint reader so you can avoid annoying PINs/passwords, etc.

Yeah I agree that Pure Google is better than anything out but I haven't seen many pure Google tablets. It has to be above 7in though because I have big hands. I'll check out the LG and see what that's about.

I have been eyeing the NVidia Shield Tablet lately. It's got a good screen, quad-core processor (NVidia K1 - 32 bit), expandable memory, a stylus pen, and now has an update to Android 5.0 (Lollipop). The 32 GB model can be had for around $400 which is awesome for a fresh new tablet that hit the market a month or two ago.

The other option I've been researching is the Nexus 9. This model has a higher resolution screen, but does **not** expandable memory and a pen. The advantage of this model is its more future-proof for being a Nexus device, and its processor is also an NVidia K1 (dual-core, but 64-bit). The base 16gb model runs $400, and its 32gb sibling goes for $480.

I have not handled either of them yet, but am edging towards the NVidia tablet for its extra perks. The Nexus has the advantage of being Google-backed for a good while, possibly longer than NVidia will maintain the Shield Tablet's software, but who knows... with the Shield being loaded it may have the same longevity as the Nexus 9.

I still have to research Samsung's offerings, but their Android update speed is questionable.

Some of the 8 inch Intel Atom Z3xxx chips are in a lower price range and pretty comfortably out run the Samsungs.

Might be worth a look given Intel is pushing hard into the Android space at the moment and is thus supporting them well.