Dell Inspiron 15 laptop - should I keep or return (brand new in unopened box)

Hey

This is Cass! I got this laptop from the microsoft store online on black friday, for about $440 including tax.

Dell Inspiron 15 i15547-5033sLV15.6 inch HD touchscreen
Intel Core i5-4210U
8GB memory/1TB HDD

I need a replacement laptop for my lenovo T61 which needs a new battery, etc. I will be using the laptop at home for browsing the internet and for school work mostly MS Word, no fancy graphics programs etc.

I know this laptop may be over specked for my needs but is it a good deal?

I know that a tablet may be sufficient but I am still not too comfortable operating a mini keyboard.

What do you think?
Hugs,

Cass

Keep it. The price you got it for seems just about right. Even if it feels like it's over specced, it will serve you we'll for next 4-5 years. It will also run Windows 10 just fine.

Hey banned hun

So you feel it is good value for money at the price I got it at? $440 including taxes and shipping.

What is the difference between Windows 8 and Windows 10?

Hugs,

Cass

Just use a USB/Wireless keyboard, easy.

There's a lot of differences. Windows 10 isn't out for retail yet. Be mid next year. But you can upgrade to it when it gets out, no issues.

My Mrs is happy with her Dell Inspiron 15 (2014, 4th generation Intel i3) that was bought in October for her University course.

The battery was only lasting up to 3 hours, so I replaced the WD 500GB HDD with an Intel 120GB SSD. It's now lasting up to around 8 hours for her studies and has a dramatically better user experience.

The battery was only lasting up to 3 hours, so I replaced the WD 500GB HDD with an Intel 120GB SSD. It's now lasting up to around 8 hours for her studies and has a dramatically better user experience.

Was it a 5400 drive?

Was it a 5400 drive?

Yes, Western Digital Blue 500GB WD5000LPVX. Not all bad though, it's serving the rest of its sentence well as my non-critical backup drive via a Verbatim USB 3.0 Caddy.