iOS data control

hi,

i need to implement a way to control the data access in several iPhones (models range from 4 til 6, with the iOS versions those models had to begin with), so people don't excced the data limit the carrier imposes. In Android that is native and it's pretty easy to configure but in iOS i don't know.

any tips (either nativly, with an app or with an central software)?

Thanks

Any MDM can do that.  While it cannot stop them from going over it...it can alert the user via push notification when it gets close (say 80/90/95% at limit) and then when the device is at its data limit.

Moved to iOS/iPhone

thanks, i didn't realize it was in the wrong forum :shiftyninja:

Any MDM can do that.  While it cannot stop them from going over it...it can alert the user via push notification when it gets close (say 80/90/95% at limit) and then when the device is at its data limit.

Well i'm currently evaluating Maas360 so this seems a great valuable choise; i also wanted to know other options like an IOS app that does that but doesn't slow down the iPhone.

thanks, i didn't realize it was in the wrong forum :shiftyninja:

Well i'm currently evaluating Maas360 so this seems a great valuable choise; i also wanted to know other options like an IOS app that does that but doesn't slow down the iPhone.

There is an app called 'dataman': https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dataman-next-track-data-usage/id592962356?mt=8

You have to input all of the info on your data package.  It then can send push notifications when you get to your limit.  But it cannot restrict data usage...as that would violate sandboxing.

Outside of using an mdm...the only other way I can think of is to use the carrier.  AT&T has an add-on called 'smart limits' where you can restrict data usage.