Explorer.exe epic failings in Win10 TP 9879

I still get a glitch on 8.1 where my address bar and menu go black and glitchy whenever I empty the Recycle Bin, its window also does not refresh on empty. I've tried different graphics drivers too.

I still get a glitch on 8.1 where my address bar and menu go black and glitchy whenever I empty the Recycle Bin, its window also does not refresh on empty. I've tried different graphics drivers too.

Weird... Nothing happens when I empty the recycle bin (nothing strange, at least). So your recycle bin icon still looks full even after emptying?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I went to AMD's site and found that there was a newer driver than what Windows Update gave me. Installed it, rebooted... Issue persists. It looks like a driver issue, or it would if it happened in other applications. But those issues persist across all applications, not just explorer.exe.

Well, I went to AMD's site and found that there was a newer driver than what Windows Update gave me. Installed it, rebooted... Issue persists. It looks like a driver issue, or it would if it happened in other applications. But those issues persist across all applications, not just explorer.exe.

I believe it's simply a GDI leek in Explorer.

Honestly, you'd think at this point they would have re-written explorer.exe using Direct2D/DirectWrite to avoid all these GDI leakages but alas here we are in 2015 and this sort of thing is still happening.

I also have this bug and its a real pain. Waiting for the CP on Jan 21st. Previous Windows betas have never been this bad. There is really nothing in Win 10 so far that's better than Win 8.1 besides the slightly nicer looks.