Website where you can "check off" the movies you've seen?

yeah, i would like that too.     i have for my tv show (next-episode)

a one for movies will be great (especially if it lists remakes and sequels to the movies i liked)

did you google? or asked here first?

would be even better if their site worked!

Was working 10 minutes ago  :laugh:

Their site uptime is quite bad though.

Seems to be overloaded or down ~10% of the time.

• Like 1

I use Trakt.tv as well, but mostly I use the app SeriesGuide for Android. It interfaces with Trakt, though it's (as the name implies) more for TV shows. I like how you can share your history (link goes to mine ? I think it's funny, there are privacy laws on the books to protect your rental history, laws that go back 30-40 years, and we just don't care now) and see what someone else has watched and what they rated it. If you find yourself agreeing with them, you can quickly add their stuff to your watch list (to be watched list, really). Or you can hover over it, and indicate that you've seen it and what you rate it 1-10.

I've got 589 movies up there seen and rated... And every so often it recommends one, or I find one in the trending section, that I've seen and I rate it, and it's in my history like I just watched it. There's no "I saw this ages ago" button. If you say you've seen it, you just watched it just now, it reports to your history.

Oh, and of course there's IMDb, but between their sign-on issues and Captchas and other hoops they make you jump through... I like the information, I rate stuff when I can there, though for most movies I don't think it's worth the effort to deal with their crap. They have more login security than my credit card's website, and why?

I recommend Trakt.tv as well. Rarely the page won't load due to load but most every time I want to go there its fine. I use it also to make a list of movies TO watch.