Xbox One Media Player can't see many mp4 and mkv files on my PC

The Xbox One Media Player can't see a bunch of my mp4 and mkv files in the Videos Library on my PC.  It can see other videos (only those taken with my phone), all of my pictures and my MP3's.  All of my Libraries are shared, as are the folders inside them, and I have all of the proper sharing settings activated.

From the PC, I can use Play To to play any MP4 to the Xbox without any problem.  I can also play MP4s remotely on my Xbox using my Surface RT (accessing the movies on my PC), using Play To.

Both my PC and my Xbox One are cabled to the router.

Does anyone else have this problem or know what to do?

Thanks!

The Xbox One Media Player can't see a bunch of my mp4 and mkv files in the Videos Library on my PC.  It can see other videos (only those taken with my phone), all of my pictures and my MP3's.  All of my Libraries are shared, as are the folders inside them, and I have all of the proper sharing settings activated.

From the PC, I can use Play To to play any MP4 to the Xbox without any problem.  I can also play MP4s remotely on my Xbox using my Surface RT (accessing the movies on my PC), using Play To.

Both my PC and my Xbox One are cabled to the router.

Does anyone else have this problem or know what to do?

Thanks!

If you are not in the Xbox preview, then you can't see mkv files until you have official/preview update from MS..

Not sure if mkv support is available to public yet.. but I know it's in the preview. See info here.

If you are not in the Xbox preview, then you can't see mkv files until you have official/preview update from MS..

Not sure if mkv support is available to public yet.. but I know it's in the preview. See info here.

I am in the Xbox preview.  And it's not just mkv, but mp4 that it won't see.

I should add, Media Payer sees the folders and subfolders, just not the contents.

I am in the Xbox preview.  And it's not just mkv, but mp4 that it won't see.

I should add, Media Payer sees the folders and subfolders, just not the contents.

It's been a while since I actively used an Xbox, but usually when this happens, you haven't given the device (xbox) permissions to share media on the PC. I would review your PC media sharing permissions for you xbox.

post-59115-0-47178900-1418584404.png

It's been a while since I actively used an Xbox, but usually when this happens, you haven't given the device (xbox) permissions to share media on the PC. I would review your PC media sharing permissions for you xbox.

Mine plays without any permission... 

Anyway, OP, here  you go, a list that you can see what formats are supported at this time: http://news.xbox.com/2014/08/xbox-one-system-update-september-preview

Mine plays without any permission... 

Anyway, OP, here  you go, a list that you can see what formats are supported at this time: http://news.xbox.com/2014/08/xbox-one-system-update-september-preview

It has to have permission on your PC. It may be set to allow all which is most default, but it has permssion. You normally don't have to go into the control panel, but if you have issues, it's a place to look.