Flash problems..

Question

I have been struggling with this for the past hour. I just reinstalled my PC with the new windows 8.1 ISO x64 pro.

I use firefox as my default browser, I installed flash for firefox.. it doesnt work. Black screen at video sites.. So I decide to remove everything with revo uninstaller. I also manually delete:
C:\Windows\System32\Macromed

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed

I try to install everything again, still doesn't work. Also tried with waterfox, same problem. And now flash in IE is not working (which I think is because I removed those 2 folders listed above)..

Oh I figured maybe its my firewall blocking it (I use eset smart security), So i made rules allowing flash 32/64 bit,.. makes no difference.

What must I do, I dont get why its not working, never had this problem..

9 answers to this question

So I removed my amd drivers with DDU, installed the latest stable.. no luck..

I also uninstalled/reinstalled windows update "Windows8.1-KB3008925-x64" , that is the embedded flash in IE. Now flash is available again in IE, but its not working because I get this yellow poup allow/deny. I click allow, allow for all websites, it doesn't matter because nothing happens (the page only refreshes with the same popup), and the popup is still there:
2014-12-2017_53_41-_zps616ddc5a.png

No, but afterwards I did. Didn't help eighter.. I got so fed up, that I cleaned my ssd with gparted, and installed win8.1 again.. now its working. Still did not figure out what it was, but ###### it..

EDIT:

You gotta be kiddin me, I just figured it out. Its a freaking addon called "Focus Regainer"

https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/focus-regainer/

Its nessceary to ctrl-tab trough tabs with flash content.. apperantly it doesn't work with f34, in comments I read more people have issues..