I'm having some trouble understanding my eligibility for ODST. I've just bought an X1 yesterday and played the mcc before midnight on 12/19. But I wasnt able to connect to a match so I played CE on legendary without unlocking an achievement yet. The part that throws me when I read through 343's statement is this

"1Content and 1 month of Xbox Live Gold will be provided to all players of the ?Halo: The Master Chief Collection? game on any day from launch on November 11, 2014 through December 19, 2014 at 11:59 pm PST (all Gamertags that have logged activity in the game via Xbox Live during this period will be eligible)"

Does 343 know I played the game, would downloading and installing the patch for the game be considered just as valid? I've been looking at my profile for live.xbox.com and I can't find any record of me playing MCC or running any app.

As long as you played the game while connected to XBL, you're eligible.

It doesn't have to be a MP match and your X1 will have definitely logged the activity, regardless if you never unlocked any achievements.

• Like 3

As long as you played the game while connected to XBL, you're eligible.

It doesn't have to be a MP match and your X1 will have definitely logged the activity, regardless if you never unlocked any achievements.

Thanks for your response and what a relief!

I didn't read word of this news about this dlc since today and looking at the date and when the deadline was posted. Talk about cutting it close! :D