Would waiting for the DX12 mobile cards be a good idea?

I am including the included pdf file of the actual specifications of this Qosmio laptop X70.

Question: when would upgrading to a DX12 card, (this accepts discrete Nvidia cards) I'm looking at a ballpark average as to when DX12 mobile cards will go to market.

Question: When does Windows 10 go to RTM?

So can I guess that, DX12 cards will hit the market when Windows 10 RTMs?

I'm scratching my chin at this and KNOW all my fellow geeks at Neowin might be able to shed some light on this. I will upgrade to a DX12 card even if that means sending it back to Toshiba to do it under warranty.

thanks guys!

added: bah!... the file didn't post with my specs. should you want a copy of the Toshiiba Qosmio X70 and if you'd like a copy to help me out here, my email address is jacksonchris1968@yahoo.com.

The 970 and 980 cards that have just been released from Nvidia will support DX12 so if you want to upgrade, there is nothing stopping you now.

What sort of gaming do you do? 1080p, 4k? Either of the above mentioned cards are very good at the moment, in fact they are amazing, and will do you for a good while :)

i guarantee you'll see games supporting DX12 from companies like Crytek and Unreal very soon after launch. (whatever their names are)

didnt know that the latest nvidia GPUs already support it. i thought for sure DX12 would be another hardware upgrade.

Some new hardware features are also being considered for DirectX 12,[86][98][99] including Volume Tiled Resources, Typed UAV Load, Conservative Rasterization, better collision and culling with Conservative Rasterization, Raster Ordered Views (ROVs), swizzled resources and compressed resources,[100] additional blend modes,[101] programmable blend and efficient Order-independent transparency(OIT) with pixel ordered UAV.[102]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct3D#Direct3D_12

You need to wait for DX 12.1 or 13 :)

And then later on he should wait for DX14

Some laptops yes. However it is quite rare, compatibility is an issue and the price is quite huge.

I've never heard of such laptop that has a separate GPU card.  Never saw a GPU card on Newegg that is for laptop.  Must be made from another dimension. :p

And then later on he should wait for DX14

I've never heard of such laptop that has a separate GPU card.  Never saw a GPU card on Newegg that is for laptop.  Must be made from another dimension. :p

The tech is quite old and has had many alterations. You most likely haven't heard of it because a laptop with such functional easily goes over 1.5k. These days this only applies to the high end Probooks, Alienwares and so-forth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_PCI_Express_Module

Either way it is not that widespread. Newegg isn't the internet : P