Got myself 27" IPS, and so far I am not adjusting well. Thoughts?

I had a 23" IPS but it was a glossy touch screen, and did not suit me.    Impossible to work on during a sunny day (I am in a bright room)   and the gaming was not great either

So, I got 27MP75     -    Same 1080p resolution.  

(did not want to pay more, and also for gaming, so to strain the PC,

and play everything at HIGH, as some recent games slow down on ULTRA even at 1080)

It looked great in store, but now on my desk, I cannot seem to get used to this huge size.   

Movies and gaming are just great, and internet browsing is annoying.

I though it would just allow me to sit further away from the screen, but for text, it does not seem to work.

If I sit further the text seems very hard to read.  If I am close, I have to constantly move my head.

Anyone using screen 27+" size for Office Work, and internet browsing?   Do you find it OK?  

I got it in mail (and had to wait 3 week, due to xmas and ground shipping). It will be annoying/costly to return it, but I am thinking about it.... :(

Increase your DPI.

Right click on desktop -> Screen resolution -> Click "Make text and other items larger or smaller"

Restart and voila.

thanks

yeah, testing it now...    However, while I had to do it on the QHD+   13" screens to read anything at all...  I am not sure how well it will work...

does it work well for you on 27"  1080?     Or are you making a guess?

I would just sit at the desk as normal and don't maximise your browser, even on a 1920x1200 24" screen I don't run my browser maximised.

I think with a 27" screen the whole idea is you have more freedom to multitask more easily.

Just as I though. It definitely made the browsing easier.

But many things/program look totally messed up, as they did not scale.  Also in some prompts part of the text is outside of the window.

Damn I hope they find a solution to somehow fix it in Windows 10 (if it is at all possible...)

I would just sit at the desk as normal and don't maximise your browser, even on a 1920x1200 24" screen I don't run my browser maximised.

I think with a 27" screen the whole idea is you have more freedom to multitask more easily.

You have 1080p though?   If I had higher res, I would TOTALLY do that and sit closer...

Anyone using screen 27+" size for Office Work, and internet browsing?   Do you find it OK?  

I got it in mail (and had to wait 3 week, due to xmas and ground shipping). It will be annoying/costly to return it, but I am thinking about it.... :(

Yes, I enjoy my Asus PA279Q at 2560x1440 for web browsing and especially Office work. A couple years ago I tried a 27inch 1080P monitor and I just could not get use to that resolution and screen size. I experienced the same issues you mentioned. I believe 24inch monitors and below are the perfect size at 1080p.

Just as I though. It definitely made the browsing easier.

But many things/program look totally messed up, as they did not scale.  Also in some prompts part of the text is outside of the window.

Damn I hope they find a solution to somehow fix it in Windows 10 (if it is at all possible...)

You have 1080p though?   If I had higher res, I would TOTALLY do that and sit closer...

27 at 1080 just doesnt work imo.  I think they are too grainy anyway with the large pixel size.

Yes, I enjoy my Asus PA279Q at 2560x1440 for web browsing and especially Office work. A couple years ago I tried a 27inch 1080P monitor and I just could not get use to that resolution and screen size. I experienced the same issues you mentioned. I believe 24inch monitors and below are the perfect size at 1080p.

DAMMIT.    Shipping costs minimum 20 and 15% restocking fee..  AND they lowered the price of the monitor, for this week, even though it was on sale.

Should have gotten a 24"    or got it in person... so i can refund it the next day.

I did not like changing the size of items.... Trying to change individual font sizes and i guess i can still play with cleartype settings

DAMMIT.    Shipping costs minimum 20 and 15% restocking fee..  AND they lowered the price of the monitor, for this week, even though it was on sale.

Should have gotten a 24"    or got it in person... so i can refund it the next day.

I did not like changing the size of items.... Trying to change individual font sizes and i guess i can still play with cleartype settings

ctrl+ in your browser is your friend. Also, I think you might need glasses, or at least reading glasses if you are having this much trouble reading text.

ctrl+ in your browser is your friend. Also, I think you might need glasses, or at least reading glasses if you are having this much trouble reading text.

i have glasses ;)     it is not that i have trouble reading it specifically because i cannot see it,  it is just annoying, because it looks out of focus.

however,  i totally forget about ctrl+  :rofl:  at 110% fonts look better and less blurry.     also making the cleartype settings bolder helped too.

i will have to see how it looks tomorrow when i am less tired.     thanks everyone.     

i have glasses ;) it is not that i have trouble reading it specifically because i cannot see it, it is just annoying, because it looks out of focus.

however, i totally forget about ctrl+ :rofl: at 110% fonts look better and less blurry. also making the cleartype settings bolder helped too.

i will have to see how it looks tomorrow when i am less tired. thanks everyone.

Ohhh. Okay that makes more sense. This is 100% due to 27 inch not being good for 1080p. The pixel density is too low, so things wont look great.

I have 30 inch UHD 2600X something display and I had tried using 30 inch tv as a monitor and I can understand the problem you are facing due to head movement. First of all as someone suggested, don't use browser at full size. The main purpose of bigger monitor is to get a more screen real estate for multi task. But practically it is really awkward to use anything more than 24 inch as monitor as the distance and size do not fit very well. 

Just parroting what's been said, at that size 1080 is crap, 14 is about max for it, and still prefer 1200 at that size, outside of TVs 1080 is garbage 

I have a 23" IPS monitor.

No problems so far. Text is very crisp to me.  No blurry or bleeding.

And this has what to do with the OPs 27" issues/questions?

Another vote for 1440p at 27", 1080p just doesn't cut it IMHO.

And this has what to do with the OPs 27" issues/questions?

Another vote for 1440p at 27", 1080p just doesn't cut it IMHO.

I was letting Jim know.  23" should work because the text is crisp. 

1080 doesn't do well on 27" unless you get 1440.

I only get 24" or less for desk usages.

Big TVs such as 40" or larger, you can view from the couch. No problem. If you sit close to it, you will notice the font problem unless you have perfect native resolution/DPI for that TV...

I had a 23" IPS but it was a glossy touch screen, and did not suit me.    Impossible to work on during a sunny day (I am in a bright room)   and the gaming was not great either

So, I got 27MP75     -    Same 1080p resolution.  

(did not want to pay more, and also for gaming, so to strain the PC,

and play everything at HIGH, as some recent games slow down on ULTRA even at 1080)

It looked great in store, but now on my desk, I cannot seem to get used to this huge size.   

Movies and gaming are just great, and internet browsing is annoying.

I though it would just allow me to sit further away from the screen, but for text, it does not seem to work.

If I sit further the text seems very hard to read.  If I am close, I have to constantly move my head.

I do both at work and at home. When I first opened it I thought "WTF, this is the size of a TV" After about 2 days of use, I got used to it. Now I could not go back. It's just like when I first got the Note II, I would see others using it and would think "Gotdamn thats a huge phone". Now it's just like any other phone to me.

I do both at work and at home. When I first opened it I thought "WTF, this is the size of a TV" After about 2 days of use, I got used to it. Now I could not go back. It's just like when I first got the Note II, I would see others using it and would think "Gotdamn thats a huge phone". Now it's just like any other phone to me.

is yours 1080p?

You can get Korean 1440p monitors for less than that.

The reason they are less is because usually they are:

TN panels (kill me now)

Panels that didn't meet quality control, meaning there will be a lot of panels that have issues

• Like 2

You can get Korean 1440p monitors for less than that.

LG is korean  :p  So is Samsung.  

Or did you mean some other cheap donkey korean companies?

TFT panels (kill me now)

Yeah, imagine a TN panel on 27" on your desk.  the colors on top of screen considerably different from the bottom of the screen.   

People in your room seen different brightness, depending where they are.

Once you go IPS, you never go back.

is yours 1080p?

The one at work is not the one at home is.