What good things did you get for Xmas ?

I got a wireless color printer, $$$ money, black shirt.

And I built myself a cool new desktop PC. :p

Cooler Master mid-tower case

750 watt modular Power Supply

Asus Sabertooth 990 FX motherboard

AMD FX 8350 8-core cpu

Radeon graphics card

16 gig Kingston RAM

Windows 10

Surface Pro 3, Jamba Juice gift card, my sister got an iPad mini and so did my dad, I got LED programmable strip lights to light my room, and a sleeve for my Surface Pro.

J4b0s8q.jpg

It's a telescope. But boy, is this thing incredible! I mentioned on Facebook last night that when I was looking at the Moon I could have sworn this thing was powerful enough to see a man walking on it...if we still did moon walks. Also, you might notice the pad on the floor. The telescope can be mounted on to a motor (the silver part of the tripod) which, once calibrated can then target over 42,900 objects in the sky. I managed to set it up last night to track the Moon, and it worked incredibly well!

Sorry, I'm super excited about this gift. :blush:

We haven't opened other gifts yet, so I'll report more a bit later.

It's a telescope. But boy, is this thing incredible! I mentioned on Facebook last night that when I was looking at the Moon I could have sworn this thing was powerful enough to see a man walking on it...if we still did moon walks. Also, you might notice the pad on the floor. The telescope can be mounted on to a motor (the silver part of the tripod) which, once calibrated can then target over 42,900 objects in the sky. I managed to set it up last night to track the Moon, and it worked incredibly well!

Sorry, I'm super excited about this gift. :blush:

We haven't opened other gifts yet, so I'll report more a bit later.

Got a Skywatcher 127 myself, you'll need better power than the battery pack, it eats batteries and an air rifle to shoot out all the light pollution  :D

Got a Skywatcher 127 myself, you'll need better power than the battery pack, it eats batteries and an air rifle to shoot out all the light pollution  :D

Yeah, we were talking with the guy when we bought it. The battery pack is just a temporary measure, I'll probably pick up a larger (a lot larger) one later on.

Yeah, we were talking with the guy when we bought it. The battery pack is just a temporary measure, I'll probably pick up a larger (a lot larger) one later on.

You'll find the free stellarium software (www.stellarium.org) and a serail cable to SynScan mount off eBay a lot easier than the keypad as well, happy stargazing!

Even though I am working later today, I bought nobody nothing and I got nothing in return it's an agreement I have in place every year

Just another day in purgatory then :D

I gift you the freedom of independent thought and the foresight to know when and when not to use it.

Sweet, how many watch faces are available for it?! :D

this is a good question i can't answer sadly as it came with only one and i don't even know if i could exchange them.

you probably hinting to one of these modern i-watches where you can exchange faces like others do their shorts right? 

but paying for these i would instead of supporting the us armed forces just a company which explores poor people working under horrible conditions. would that be really worth the trade?  :)

Surface Pro 3, Jamba Juice gift card, my sister got an iPad mini and so did my dad, I got LED programmable strip lights to light my room, and a sleeve for my Surface Pro.

could you let us know what make and model your programmable strip lights are please.