What good things did you get for Xmas ?

My (older) brother and I gave a Surface Pro 3 to our favorite cousin for her birthday, but it's pretty close to Christmas so we are not giving her anything for Christmas since we are now broke students.

She's not complaining though: she loves the Surface Pro 3 and takes it to classes and everywhere else.

My (older) brother and I gave a Surface Pro 3 to our favorite cousin for her birthday, but it's pretty close to Christmas so we are not giving her anything for Christmas since we are now broke students.

That tends to happen when you guy a SP3 while you're a student. :p

That tends to happen when you guys gave a SP3 while you're students. :p

To be fair, we (my brother and I) did split the cost and were able to get the student price for the Surface Pro 3.

Maddi really loves it and is using it as her primary computer. :)

I got nothing for xmas, but i bought myself a coolermaster devastrator keyboard for $45 when it was on special 2 months ago. I bought my mom a few joyce meyer books, and some high quality indoor weed for my 2 good friends for xmas. Im broke until jan and only have $50 on me until 1st jan so ja! Its time to ration as im not that rich right now.

Bottle of Jack Daniels

Bottle of Winter Jack

Paul Weller Vol 1 - 5 CD set

Ghostbuster 1 & 2 bluray

2x pairs trainers

I'm The Man - The Story of that Guy from Anthrax - Scott Ian Autobiography

Cooking with Coolio

Firetrap T-shirt

Pint glass engraved with The Drinkers Prayer

CK One

My Wife and I bought each other things that are donated to people who actually need things on Christmas. She got me a School Starter pack and I bought her a Goat. I hope the family that receives them gets a lot out of it. Passed that, we were given a new Lawn Mower from my Mother-in-law, which was very nice indeed.

Sometimes I see what people get for Christmas and I wonder if they remember it's about giving. I've seen people upset that they only got socks from some person. Literally upset that they're gift wasn't up to their expectations. It really makes it hard to enjoy it. My friend complained that he gets a Calender from his Mom every Christmas and I said that I'd love a Calender and she sent it to me :). If anyone (including my kids) ever gave me any lip about a gift; it would be their last.

• Like 2

Got a Samsung LED TV 40" 1080p and some kitchen equipment, was a really nice christmas :) Oh, and perfume :)

- Scored a Surface 2. Didn't really need something in the same league as the Pro or Pro 3.

- Blue camo controller for the XBox One.

- Dragon Age: Inquisition for XBO

- Beer from my favorite brewery. Schlafly Pal Ale. I can't get any of it in Florida since it's made by a microbrewery from St Louis. My dad happened to find some when he was in Little Rock.

I just got chocolates and a dildo from one of my friends who thinks his hilarious.. 

I added a solar panel plate and glued the dildo on it and added lights and its now sitting on the roof of his house, he has seen it and said he thinks its funny and is going to leave it there.. But I know his really burning inside and is just too lazy to remove it for now. My group of friends are going there tonight to see the light show lol.

Got a smile watching my daughter open her presents. Best part of Christmas for me.

Then I got a Surface Pro 3, which is a close second. May have to get a couple more of these down the road to phase out the craptops, had a nerdgasm unboxing it.

Spent a few hours doing the charity thing, been doing that for a few decades, just because it's good to give too.

GF got me a controller card so I can rock all 9 hard drives in my rig.  Parents getting me the K70 RGB when they come back in stock, if ever.  Got some clothes and a nice jacket.  Great Christmas! 

Samsung Evo 840 250GB SSD - To replace my ancient OCZ Apex 120GB that st..st...st..st...tutters like mad the second the system would write anything to it.

Not only are the read/write speeds loads better but no more stutter and with twice the space I was able to move my entire Steam library over to it.

Apex:

M4pVoU0.png

Evo:

Wli5VJe.png

Anywhere from 50% to 1300% faster, depending on the specific test, with 2.6x faster read access times and almost 40x faster write access times (likely due to the old JMicron stuttering when being written to).

Skyrim (loaded w/ mods) went from 30 second load screens to 10 seconds max (small areas like shops load in 3-4 seconds, easily 10+ before), but that was on an old platter drive (due to the limited space my 120GB had).

Needless to say I am very happy with it, no more waiting around for everything to load or walking away so an installer can finish (stuttering meant I basically couldn't use my computer when it was installing anything). So I'll actually be installing updates and rebooting regularly again.

I didnt get a damn thing. I spend time with friends and family and that is the best gift you can get. People are to fixated on materialistic things and the meaning of the holidays are lost for most. I told all the adults in my family, do not get me anything since I am not getting gifts for adults. Kids, sure, adults no. Trying to get my family to understand that we all need to come together for each other, not what we can get. It is working...slowly.

I didnt get a damn thing. I spend time with friends and family and that is the best gift you can get. People are to fixated on materialistic things and the meaning of the holidays are lost for most. I told all the adults in my family, do not get me anything since I am not getting gifts for adults. Kids, sure, adults no. Trying to get my family to understand that we all need to come together for each other, not what we can get. It is working...slowly.

This has to be the best post ive seen so far.

What I received this xmas was 3 happy and healthy children and a happy and healthy wife. 

I get what I need through out the year, sometimes I get what I want (doesn't happen too often though and it is usually under $50).