What good things did you get for Xmas ?

A Wii U amongst other things, but I'm sending it back, as it keeps turning itself off. :/

Did you check the settings for it... you should disable it.

My Xbox will be in sleep mode in 1 hour (or 3 hours, I don't remember which) after inactivity.

My TV will be turned off in 15 mins after inactivity.

Did you check the settings for it... you should disable it.

My Xbox will be in sleep mode in 1 hour (or 3 hours, I don't remember which) after inactivity.

My TV will be turned off in 15 mins after inactivity.

Yep, disabled it. Lots of my stuff has that feature, and it was the first thing I checked, even though I knew it should never happen mid game, without warning.

It was happening randomly during gameplay and quite often, like less than an hour each time.

After updating the system software (for the second time), it has only happened a few times, after being on for 8 hours +, but that is a few times too many.

Thinking of buying a new one, transferring the data, then sending the old one back. ###### that you can't simply backup your game saves.

Yep, disabled it. Lots of my stuff has that feature, and it was the first thing I checked, even though I knew it should never happen mid game, without warning.

It was happening randomly during gameplay and quite often, like less than an hour each time.

After updating the system software (for the second time), it has only happened a few times, after being on for 8 hours +, but that is a few times too many.

Thinking of buying a new one, transferring the data, then sending the old one back. ###### that you can't simply backup your game saves.

Strange... might be a bug in it.

J4b0s8q.jpg

It's a telescope. But boy, is this thing incredible! I mentioned on Facebook last night that when I was looking at the Moon I could have sworn this thing was powerful enough to see a man walking on it...if we still did moon walks. Also, you might notice the pad on the floor. The telescope can be mounted on to a motor (the silver part of the tripod) which, once calibrated can then target over 42,900 objects in the sky. I managed to set it up last night to track the Moon, and it worked incredibly well!

Sorry, I'm super excited about this gift. :blush:

We haven't opened other gifts yet, so I'll report more a bit later.

I am so jealous. I have much smaller telescope that I can use for basic star gazing, but I've really wanted a larger one as of late to do my own astro-photography. Congrats!

My girlfriend got me a new pizza stone, and tickets to two Foo Fighters shows this year. One at Fenway (Boston) and the other at Citi Field (New York). I can't wait!

I gave her a new scarf, Pentatonix tickets, and a portable space-heater for her desk at work. (because she's always cold)