Recommend me Anime

I too, don't feel like scanning that massive anime thread lol

Anyway, as for suggestions.. I'll put this out here first, I hated the original FMA. I haven't watched the new one yet, I should, but I haven't. I've heard nothing but good things about it from people that have similar tastes as me, so I'd probably enjoy it :) So I'll just give you some highlights from my list. Some might appeal to you, others not, c'est la vie :)

My rule is 3 Episodes. Force yourself through 3, if it hasn't hooked you by then, then skip the rest. Not like most Anime's have long eps, remove the intro, credits, and preview and they are 20min a piece. Also like any normal show, it sometimes takes them an ep or two to get up to speed.

Attack on Titan (My fav new Anime)

*Monogatari (This one I'm most unsure you'd like, it's got a LOT of dialogue, complex story, etc.. it's a love it/hate it anime..)

Black Lagoon

Code Geass

Cowboy Bebop (I don't care if you like it or not, watch it all, This series is a must. Movie is also great. Also, one of very few where the English Dub is as good, or in this case many agree, BETTER than the Original )

Fate/Stay Night / Fate/Zero / etc.

FLCL ( This one is short, but REALLY off the way.. another love it/hate it)

Ghost in the Shell: Arise (And if you like it, the other movies/series.. imho Arise is the best of the bunch though)

Hellsing Ultimate ( Also has a great English Dub, but either way works..)

K-On! (Someone say Moe? It's got a lot of it..)

Tamako Market (It's twice the Moe of K-On!, and set in a market.. lol If you like one you'll probably like the other..)

Mouretsu Pirates (High School Student/Spaceship Pirate.. what's not to love?)

Planetes

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Apart from the Endless Eight Arc that some people hated, it's good.)

Enjoy.. Or not lol

Anime is super diverse, so there's lots to experience :)

My rule is 3 Episodes. Force yourself through 3, if it hasn't hooked you by then, then skip the rest. Not like most Anime's have long eps, remove the intro, credits, and preview and they are 20min a piece. Also like any normal show, it sometimes takes them an ep or two to get up to speed.

Attack on Titan (My fav new Anime)

Cowboy Bebop (I don't care if you like it or not, watch it all, This series is a must. Movie is also great. Also, one of very few where the English Dub is as good, or in this case many agree, BETTER than the Original )

How the hell did I miss Attack on Titan, watched it a few months ago and loved it, can't wait for more.

Never watched Cowboy Bebop myself, it just never really appealed, but I might try it out now.

Another one that I haven't seen anyone list but one that I liked and forgot until now; Tokyo Ghoul. It's pretty good, its a world where "ghouls" are beings with supernatural powers, they can only feed on humans; so of course there is an organization that hunts them. Can't say too much else without spoiling the first few episodes but it has a lot of cool action and so far a decent story. It premiered in July of this year, second season is going to start in 5 days.

Never watched Cowboy Bebop myself, it just never really appealed, but I might try it out now.

It has some goofy episodes in the middle but overall it's great.  The movie is great too.

Now that they have a blu-ray version I intend to pick it up.

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, there's nothing quite like Fullmetal Alchemist. Brotherhood in particular, is the best anime series I've watched, which I gave a 10 on MyAnimeList. It's the only series I gave a 10, though I also gave Wolf Children, a movie, a 10. It's in my top 5 films and the best animated film I've seen. It is seriously top notch, although it has no action.

Here's what got a 9/10 from me on MAL, in alphabetical order. (I'm using the Android app. It's better than my memory.)

1. .hack//SIGN. Dot Hack is a huge franchise, covering anime, video games, manga, and light novels. Only the first anime was good. It went downhill fast after that, but opinions may vary, I suppose. It's a slow-moving drama about a boy who can't log out of an MMORPG, and the circle of friends he builds, despite being a loner. It sounds cringe-worthy, and it can be, at times, but it has an amazing soundtrack and a solid cast. I'm usually a fan of the English production of anime, but I saw this one in Japanese first, subtitled by fans, and I can't get used to the English voices. I'm not going to enter the Japanese vs English debate since it really hasn't happened in this forum, but this is one I crossed the road on and it was really amazing.

2. Fullmetal Alchemist. Brotherhood gets a 10, the original gets a 9. I liked the original's ending better. I thought it made sense. Long story short: The manga made a splash, so a series was commissioned. The series surpassed the manga, and though the manga's author gave the anime team some pointers, they largely went their own way. And some weird things happened, like failed human transmutations making homunculi, and the original Wrath