What Would You Buy with $300 on Amazon?

Hey Everyone!

So... over the past couple years, I've built up some rewards with Amazon via my credit card. I now have about $300 to spend.

Problem?

I don't know what the freak to buy!  I'm a techy (otherwise I wouldn't be here) and so far, the only logical way I can spend the money is on two Seagate NAS drives, in a RAID 1 setup.  I could use the storage and the reliability really.

However, I'm troubled that buying that wouldn't feel like I'm getting something I want, but rather just something I need...

I'm at a loss really. What would you do with $300 to splurge with on Amazon? :)

If you're not in need of anything specific, but want to pull the rewards out you can always call the card issuer and ask for a statement credit or refund check. No need to buy stuff you don't need. Space is valuable too...

They sell everything there...this thread is like saying "hey I've got $300 in cash how should I spend it?" 

It's your money what do you need? 

I'm really wanting to see what other techies would buy for themselves, just for ideas sake. :ermm:

I'm really wanting to see what other techies would buy for themselves, just for ideas sake. :ermm:

I gotcha. 

If I had $300 to blow on electronics I'd probably get a mechanical keyboard for starters.  And a good headset.  Anything by Sennheiser in that department. 

A catalytic converter for my truck since I just blew out the one that's on it over a 600 mile road trip, and a long roll of 98% shielded RG8X coax with a ton of PL-259 connectors with the ceramic/fiberglass insulators.

I'm guessing you were looking for suggestions for yourself though, so, hmmm, anything around the house broken that needs fixing?

Save it until you actually need something? That's my 2 cents (so now you have $300.02 :rofl: )

Exactly.

Unless the points/vouchers are about to expire why not wait until you need something?

Spending it for the sake of it when you don't seem to have a need for anything seems like a waste.

In this situation I'd probably spend it on something frivolous that just ended up gathering dust then 2 months later something I owned would break and I'd be thinking "If only I didn't waste the vouchers."

New furniture would be nice for my furture apartment!

This: http://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-RetroN-Gaming-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B00DZIX394/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1419916990&sr=8-10

and

This: http://www.amazon.com/Version-Android-Gamepad-Handheld-Capacitive-vsmart/dp/B00QGM7YN2/ref=sr_1_9?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1419917277&sr=1-9

But i'm a retro gaming fan, and usually use extra "found" cash for my gaming purchases which are otherwise low priority.

The handheld unit can run all the android DC, PSX, N64 emus.

I gotcha. 

If I had $300 to blow on electronics I'd probably get a mechanical keyboard for starters.  And a good headset.  Anything by Sennheiser in that department. 

An Android or Windows tablet if you don't have one already.

Either of these sounds good.

radar detectors are overrated.  had some of the best and you know what they did for me...absolutely nothing.  Learn to drive smart, know where you can and can't break the law if that is what you are going to do.  Understand 2 things, you can't travel faster than light and you can't beat a cop...until you can do these two things all a detector is going to do is let you know when you have been caught.  The rear view mirror and knowing your surroundings are far better than any detector money can buy.  But if you like that false sense of security, go for a valentine one....all others are garbage.