Wait for iPhone 6s or 7?

Waiting months for a new device is almost always a fools delay when it comes to the tech world. If you need a new phone and have the money then buy one. If not then don't get yourself into debt for a phone when you have one that does all you need that just isn't the latest and greatest. At the end of the day it is just a phone.

If you want or need a new phone just buy it. It doesn't matter what phone you have, in a few months it'll be out of date and a new model will be on the horizon, whether that be the 6s or 7,  the only reason you should consider waiting is when a new model is imminent, which in this case, the iPhone 6 is still relatively new.

Heya all.

I'm wondering ... should I sit the iPhone 6 out and wait for 6s in the first half of 2015 (which I heard form tech news other than this site - Google it up) or iPhone 7 in the 3rd quarter of 2015? I did find it unusual for Apple to do that, though.

The 6s is supposed to refine what problems the 6 have, right? On the other hand, if I sit the entire 6/6s releases altogether and get the 7, that;d be a big improvement over the 5s, which I currently have since Oct 2013.

Ideas, advice? Any would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you are on a carrier that subsidizes the cost of the phone every two year, then it really makes sense to just upgrade whenever an upgrade is available. Major carriers like Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T do not cut you a break on your bill if you have essentially "paid off" your phone (i.e., up for a new phone).

If you are on a carrier that doesn't subsidize then I recommend doing whatever you feel like. My carrier (StraightTalk) doesn't do subsidization so I try and get 3 years out of my hardware if I can.

• 4 months later...

Hi there! I have also seen rumours of an iPhone 7 for 2015. However, these really cannot be relied on as they are only based on speculations from fan boys and so on. I will suggest that you wait for the latest model! The iPhone 6 is amazing, but it

Get the 6. The x.S upgrades are never worth it so you'll be sitting on your current phone into June of 2016 at least. It's a good phone(6+) with a great battery.