Bluelight Filter for Eye Care

Not sure if this works but these days, I am willing to give anything a try. Have been having sleep issues for a while not and thinking back, it began when I started using a laptop as my primary device and mobiles became more popular. Currently ambien is the only thing that makes me sleep if I am having issues and really don't want to be come dependent on that. Been reading that tablets/phones have a lot of blue light that causes the decrease in production of melatonin in the body and can have adverse health issues.

Anyway, this is a free app and thought I would share....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.ne.hardyinfinity.bluelightfilter.free&hl=en

The best practice is to not use them for a few hours before turning in, and to use an old fashioned alarm clock since about any artificial light in the room has the potential to disrupt sleep. It can go right through your eyelids and throw things off.

The best practice is to not use them for a few hours before turning in, and to use an old fashioned alarm clock since about any artificial light in the room has the potential to disrupt sleep. It can go right through your eyelids and throw things off.

Yes I know. But it's but always possible to not use devices a few hours before sleeping. They are heavily relied in these days.

Ahhh...the old "I can't stop" argument I've had with 4 geeky kids starting in 1976. A mispronunciation of "I won't." Didn't fly with #1, and it still doesn't fly with #4 who is 15.

some GFX designers say this messes with your color perception if you use it too long. They've said it changes your perception of skin tones and color differentials off screen

Ahhh...the old "I can't stop" argument I've had with 4 geeky kids starting in 1976. A mispronunciation of "I won't." Didn't fly with #1, and it still doesn't fly with #4 who is 15.

Called being on call and having to work a lot of times right up until I go to bed. If it wasnt for that, wouldnt be much of a problem. Its not that I cannot stop, its because I have demands on my time and things I need to take care of.

some GFX designers say this messes with your color perception if you use it too long. They've said it changes your perception of skin tones and color differentials off screen

I wouldnt use it all day long. Just in the evenings when I need to do work. Recently, been getting things together and help planning my grandmothers funeral so I have been up late working on things. In the morning and during the day the filter would be turned off.

Being using f.lux on pc for ages.

For android I use easyeyes free. However it has to be started manually in the free version.

I would not be able to live without them now. Blue light hurts my eyes at night.

Called being on call and having to work a lot of times right up until I go to bed. If it wasnt for that, wouldnt be much of a problem. Its not that I cannot stop, its because I have demands on my time and things I need to take care of.

>

Been there, done that. Decades of waiting for the hospital to ruin our theater or grandma-has-the-kids night. Doesn't mean we have to use social or the net for hours, risking the OP. Just wait for the ringy-dingy notification or call.

Congrats that you no longer have to deal with that. Lots do. That was my point and I am not going to argue about it. I posted the app for others and to have a discussion, not an argument.

To be honest, it sounds like you need a new job or to have a frank conversation with your management about work/life boundries. Working right up until you go to bed is not healthy, especially if you're doing it often enough to affect your sleep schedule. There are very real, well-documented effects that sleep deprivation can have on your short-term and long-term health. No job is worth that.

I know, I know; easier said than done. But seriously, if your situation is already affecting you, it's clearly not working.

Short of that, Twilight and f.lux may help. I would also mimic the suggestion of getting an old fashion alarm clock. If you do go that route, make sure you get one with red lighting. Red light does not affect your night-vision, and therefore has less affect on your circadian rhythm. (it's why I prefer cars with red-light dashboards over blue)

To be honest, it sounds like you need a new job or to have a frank conversation with your management about work/life boundries.

Talking to management doesnt help. They just give me more work to do. Just waiting till the new year and things to settle down a bit and I already have planned to look for another job.

• 2 weeks later...

Love f.lux, been using it for over a year and can no longer live without it at night.

Don't really stare at at my smartphone that much in the evening, but  Twilight looks pretty good.