Did Ubisoft just silently kill the Uplay store?

Hi!

I don't use Uplay much i just have 4 games on it and did not play any of them in the last couple of months. So i just opened Uplay to see if there's any Christmas deals and wow the store is nowhere to be found. When i click on any "boy now" links inside Uplay it directs me toward the Steam page for the game.

Is it just temporary because they have trouble handling Christmas load or is it a permanent thing. I've not read anything about it anywhere.

If they are not selling any games on Uplay anymore then why keep that crappy client alive?

I see a link on the page to download the UPlay client. Maybe you can only use it to buy games now; I'm not sure.

I just wish they would stop requiring UPlay for their games that are sold on Steam.

I see a link on the page to download the UPlay client. Maybe you can only use it to buy games now; I'm not sure.

I just wish they would stop requiring UPlay for their games that are sold on Steam.

They could be changing that, I bought Rocksmith 2014 last week and it plays on steam and doesn't open uplay like the other ubisoft games i have do.