• ClamWin/ClamAV
    • Comodo Anti Virus/Internet Security
    • Emsisoft Anti-Malware (free edition)
    • Panda Cloud Antivirus
    • Microsoft Security Essentials
    • Other (please specify below)
    • Malwarebytes (Free Edition)

Question

It's a new year, and a new poll for Definitive Free Best Antivirus. The 2014 thread can be found here.

This is a poll for best Free antivirus, there is a separate thread for paid antiviruses here.

If your choice of Best Free Antivirus is not listed, please choose Other and specify in the comments.

No A/V. Hate the bloat, the scaremongering and the superficial activity that they tend to produce to justify their existence.

Instead - EMET as a safety net for zerodays and VirusTotal for anything new that I'm planning to execute on my system, which doesn't happen that often. Locked down perimeter and personal firewalls as well.

A lot of products use the BitDefender engine, so I just skipped the middle man and used BitDefender Free

Right on! :)

Don't need the bloat of an AV that uses multiple engines when the one they use is the best out there! :)

what's the choice to go for? i ran mcafee internet security but it made my system dog slow. is avast still light on ressources?

Is Anti-Exploit over kill for the average user?

Absolutely not. In fact I would say its the one thing all average users need but don't have. Because Average users are horrible at updating their software and with all of the malvertising taking advantages of Exploits, I think the Anti-Exploit is a MUST have, for anyone.

Avast. Light on resource usage and pretty reliable.

Security essentials / defender really is a terrible piece of software.

• Like 2