Show us your Battlestations - 2015 Edition

Why no blackwidow, @SpartanZX7?

Have no money. Hopefully should have one in a couple months 

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a little album of my set-up. Once I change my keyboard I'll be finished. This little beast can also dualboot to Yosemite (OSX)

http://imgur.com/a/c5o9Q

Nice monitor setup.  (Y) Are you dual-booting from the same drive or different drives?

Times sure have changed. I remember this thread used to blow up every month.

Me too. This was my favorite thread on Neowin. Reddit is where it's at for battlestations these days: r/battlestations

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I have to explain this one I have not purchased a boxed PC for myself since the 1990's when I started building them.  Being a cheep person I just started collecting pieces for my new rig last week and was scoping craigslist for parts and accidently typed in intel L7 and was shocked that this misspelled Aienware ALX showed up at $400 obo and all I could think is this is a scam.  So I send the text out and I get a response he says that he is moving overseas in 3 days and just wants to sell it, he gives me the service tag and it is still under warranty and is loaded with every option from last year,  I7, 32gigs ram, 3tb, Nvidia Sli Video, you see where this is going its loaded.  Naturally all I could think is this is a scam or even better that if I take the hour drive I am going to be murdered because the guy had already sold his car and could not meet me, I had to go to his house.   Heck at this point I lowball offered him half and he said well if you can make it up here in 2 hours I will take it,  Big red flags went off in my head but I was willing to throw caution to the wind and agreed to meet him.  I grabbed the girlfriend and took the drive and showed up to the address and there was the dude who had about 15 people buying the entire contents of his house up and in his office was this completely still new looking Alienware running on his desk.  I handed him the cash, he wrote me a receipt and home I went with the new gaming rig.  It runs anything I have tossed at it thus far at Ultra settings.

IMG_0089_zpscicw85lp.jpg

All I kept thinking was the whole ride up was this is fake there is no way, then I seen a bunch of cars at the address and folks carrying household contents out.  He looked right at me and said you know you are getting the deal of a lifetime right, and I said Thanks about 10 times.