Show us your Battlestations - 2015 Edition

My place of play and work ...

My Little Helper ...

WP_20150618_18_36_55_Pro.jpg

Desktop ....

which IKEA desk is the one with the Surface device on it?

It seems like you made the font size, apps, and everything else smaller on the 4K monitor. How did you do that? Do I have to get a 4K monitor to do that? Can i get a regular 40" TV and do that? Thanks.

It would need to be a 4K TV or monitor. I set the display scaling at 100%, everything is perfectly sized to read at that resolution on such a big monitor. Some have mentioned how such a big monitor defeats the object of 4K, but to me it's perfect. I prefer a larger screen that packs more or less the same pixel density as a 27" 1440p, I did have an ASUS 28" 4K that I sent back as I was really underwhelmed by it and don't see the hype of such a high pixel density in such a small space. I've since retired my side monitors as all the windows fit nicely on the 40" at the same time. As for gaming it scales beautifully between 4K, 144p and 1080p depending on how demanding the game is with no distortion or pixelation sat 3ft in front of it.

Desktop ....

which IKEA desk is the one with the Surface device on it?

My desks aren't from Ikea, they are from a local office furniture place,  I have had them 6-7 years now.

My desks aren't from Ikea, they are from a local office furniture place,  I have had them 6-7 years now.

*heh* looks like IKEA...damn oh well. Build my own it is :) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My newest Addition to my couch computer. A 3rd Monitor. I've wanted one for a while, because when I remotely connect with GoToAssist, the program is ALWAYS on top of other apps. So to see what is behind you have to drag it out of the way and see what is behind it. So I have always wanted to put it on it's own dedicated monitor. So when a remote session is scanning I can just put it up top

22801111922_3bb735c402_c.jpg

My last Battlestation build. By the time I need a new PC or more power, I won't care or I'll be streaming a workstation from the cloud and an XB1 w/DVR will be the HTPC, lol.

• i7 5820k
  • 32GB DDR4 3000 TridentZ
  • 512GB Samsung SM951 M.2 2000MBs R/1500MBs W
  • 2 x 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD in Storage Space
  • Gigabyte Twin Turbo GTX 970 (silent dual intake blower, system outtake)
  • ASRock x99-itx/ac
  • USB 2, 3, 3.1c, esata ports
  • 2 x 1Gbe, 802.11/ac
  • Corsair H55 Quiet Edition AIO 120mm water cooler

NCASE M1 v.4 ITX Case w/Custom Carry Bag. HyperX Savage in photos has been replaced w/2 x 16GB TridentZ

ncase.jpg

ncase0b.jpg

topd3.jpg

topd2b.jpg

20151025_164140.png

• 2 weeks later...

Updated my setup a fair bit over the weekend so thought id share.

*snipped*

Pretty nice. BTW I am originally from Kilburn. COYR!!!

its a small world buddy im from kilburn too.

sweet! I grew up on 4 The Walk and 12 Bowler Drive! Went to Kilburn Jr before emigrating!

I don't know how you can use your PC with that green light. I'd feel like I was in a laboratory and that I was dying from radiation.

Its not on all the time. Just something I liked the idea off but the practicality is a little rubbish.

sweet! I grew up on 4 The Walk and 12 Bowler Drive! Went to Kilburn Jr before emigrating!

I was on Hillcrest Drive so not too far. I went to the same school till I moved to Belper :D

• 4CxbqFxVnstmA unpinned this topic