Just bought - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Mouse - Anyone have?

My SteelSeries Kinzu V2 is starting to go out. I love this mouse alot, and it was a great deal for the $9 I paid for it over a year ago from Woot!.

But the scroll wheel started to act up recently. While using it to scroll down, it seems to wanna jump back up half a page, which can get very annoying, especially while editing code/text and scrolling down.

I have another practically new mouse, Razer Naga Epic, But i can't stand the dang thing. Feels weird in the hand, plus all the buttons are useless to me.

So i started searching for another mouse today, and I think i found the best one for me.

I do some casual gaming, alot of design work with websites, photography, graphics, and some coding. So, I need the mouse to be  versatile.

I came across this site http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-gaming-mice,review-2220.html which pretty much described the Logitech G502 Proteus Core as exactly what I needed.

The more and more i looked into it, the more i felt it'd be perfect of me, plus its one sexy mouse.

I planned on thinking about it for a day or two, and continue using this kinzu v2, but while attempting to keep on using it tonight, the scroll jumping became too much.

The best deal i found for this mouse was a brand new unopened one, on ebay for $65 shipped. Which wasn't too bad at all for a decent mouse, (heck i paid like $130 for my useless Naga Epic)  So i went ahead and bought. Should be here by Tuesday.

Does anyone have this mouse? And what do you think about it? Did i make the right decision?

Pretty good review:

• Like 1

I got it and it's just as good as my 700. I love the feel of it, it has wieghts that are more customizable than the G500 (also have that one as well) and has a great layout.

Definitly worth getting.

Handles gaming and graphics with ease.

Got the mouse today. It's really nice.

Havent been able to play with it too much yet, but so far i like it.

Only mouse i ever had that i'm going to have to read a manual for :p

Worth the money, so far. But it does feel really plasticy.

mouse.jpg

Got the mouse today. It's really nice.

Havent been able to play with it too much yet, but so far i like it.

Only mouse i ever had that i'm going to have to read a manual for :p

Worth the money, so far. But it does feel really plasticy.

mouse.jpg

I've been thinking about getting this mouse as well. My Razer Mamba has just developed another fault - the forward button doesn't work on top of the cord spinning and the plastic connector break. That said, I do like the fact that I can turn from wired to wireless in a flash, though the battery life is poor. Any comments so far?

Scirwode