How's the battery life on the iPhone 6?

iTunes monitors a folder within the iTunes directory but you can't add other folders. If you just put your music in that add to iTunes folder it will do the rest for you though.

I found out about that a while back....

Funny story: After adding 20GB of music to this folder, iTunes proceeded to only detect/add 7.7GB for some odd reason and then decided all my mp3's must, MUST have track #'s in their file names. That really ###### me off! They removed the option to not have track #'s somewhere along the line as I remember it used to be there. Anyway, was disgusted enough to delete my collection and restore from backup. Ended up deleting the .xml file within the iTunes Dir and manually adding the music via file->add folder option. Doing it that way doesn't force track #'s in the file names. You end up having to micromanage your music collection, though.

I still haven't docked my iPhone yet cause I'm afraid of what batpoop crazy stuff might happen. I swear I'm gonna crap daisies the day Apple decides to finally let users drag n' drop files into iPhone's storage.

I found out about that a while back....

Funny story: After adding 20GB of music to this folder, iTunes proceeded to only detect/add 7.7GB for some odd reason and then decided all my mp3's must, MUST have track #'s in their file names. That really ###### me off! They removed the option to not have track #'s somewhere along the line as I remember it used to be there. Anyway, was disgusted enough to delete my collection and restore from backup. Ended up deleting the .xml file within the iTunes Dir and manually adding the music via file->add folder option. Doing it that way doesn't force track #'s in the file names. You end up having to micromanage your music collection, though.

I still haven't docked my iPhone yet cause I'm afraid of what batpoop crazy stuff might happen. I swear I'm gonna crap daisies the day Apple decides to finally let users drag n' drop files into iPhone's storage.

Add add to iTunes will mean iTunes "organises" that music which will move (or copy?) the music into iTunes\Music\Artists\Album\## Track.ext, if you don't want it to organise it then yeah you need to do it manually.

Add add to iTunes will mean iTunes "organises" that music which will move (or copy?) the music into iTunes\Music\Artists\Album\## Track.ext, if you don't want it to organise it then yeah you need to do it manually.

It also leaves a ton of empty directories behind when it starts moving music around. What is so hard about monitoring the music dir and adding anything new? Why does it have to move stuff around and change names? I keep my digitally purchased music in a specific folder because I don't have CD's to re-rip.

This is 2015 and better ways exist if iTunes Devs would care enough to implement them.

It's kinda nice when manufacturers go with low graphics quality, keeping the screen resolution and PPI down to a minimal, and not sacrifice battery consumption.

I only get around 16 hours of non-stop use with my LG G3, but then again, I love the graphics quality and performance of the phone. Oh well.

I have the regular iPhone6 and while it's hard to measure how good the battery is (it really depends on usage which changes daily) i really have no complaints with it.. with the iPhone 5 you would find yourself randomly running low throughout the day, I haven't had this problem with the 6 and i use my phone a lot, if i forget to charge it through the day or on a night i don't need to worry about it dying on me.. this happened to me yesterday i didn't charge it all day and also forgot last night, i got to work this morning with 4%, so it has been well over 36 hours without a charge.

I can't compare it to other phones but as long as it's not dying on you throughout normal usage through the day then it's a non issue in my opinion.

Happy to report battery life is decent so far. Better than my 920 under more or less the same usage. I really need to get a tablet to offload my internet browsing in the evenings. Hate sitting in front of a computer anymore. Mainly because I can't seem to find a really comfortable office chair.

I was really worried about the smaller battery in the iPhone 6 compared to my 920, but it appears software optimization compensates for this. If I had to do it over again, I would've gotten the 6 plus, due to the much bigger battery and screen. Some people find the plus too big, but its just as fine to me.

Since my initial report (which is when my phone was a few days old), it has significantly gotten a lot better. At 12 hours of use, I'm left at 65-70%, which is just some of the best battery life I've ever experienced on any phone. It now easily lasts through two/almost three business days (business days being my heaviest usage of the phone). I have push emails turned on, make at least a couple of calls, moderate texting (50-100/day), and also light browsing. I also leave Bluetooth on (stream to car & sync fitness band), GPS on,

• 1 month later...

I got the 6+ yesterday. Have fully charged it once, last night. Been using it a good half of the day so far and I'm still around 75% or so.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I usually get about 20-25 hours of usage depending on how heavy I use it. On the heaviest of use, I get a day of battery life. I typically charge at night, if I'm less than 30%, otherwise, I leave it.