South Carolina rape suspect beaten by victim's Boyfriend

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind?

Well in keeping with Hammurabi's Code - he would have to be raped.

He reap what he sow. He shouldn't rape in first place.

Some religious code like Sikh would approve the boyfriend's act as virtuous. Not sure about christians code tho...

• Like 2

Some religious code like Sikh would approve the boyfriend's act as virtuous. Not sure about christians code tho...

An eye for an eye doesn't mean you have to punish em in "exact same manners"

Two wrongs don't make a right. Violently assaulting someone isn't justice, it's vengeance. Decent people don't stoop to the level of common criminals. It's harder to do the right thing but that's what people of high moral calibre need to do.

• Like 3

theyarecomingforyou -- kinda easy to sit back and talk about how moral you are when nothing happened to you -- when you are put in a situation such as this - thats when one finds out how noble one is.

You never know what you are going to do until you are in that position.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Violently assaulting someone isn't justice, it's vengeance. Decent people don't stoop to the level of common criminals. It's harder to do the right thing but that's what people of high moral calibre need to do.

whats the right thing? Give him Skittles candy,  hold hands while nature walking and chasing butterflies, short giggles when you accidentally make eye contact?

Must be nice living in a world full of rainbows.

I was referring to Hammurabi - which demands exact same manner.

Blank-

Its just like when someone wins the lottery or gets a lot of money - they act a certain way  and someone will always say "I'd never do that" or "I wouldnt change" -- you never know what you would do until you are in that situation.

Christian code ?  Well if it was a catholic priest and a little boy - it would be swept under the rug, the priest would be relocated so he could continue to do it.

Actually, according to the King James Bible - if someone rapes your daughter, the rapist has to pay you 50 pieces of silver, then marry your daughter.

• Like 3

I have seen it referred to as only an eye for an eye in other words the punishment should not exceed the crime commited i.e. not hanging someone for a theft.As for the physical assault it is understandable in the circumstances of blind hatred at the time of the event, the perp who has caused both physical and mental scars to his victim should be incarcerated for many years with no option for parole.

theyarecomingforyou -- kinda easy to sit back and talk about how moral you are when nothing happened to you -- when you are put in a situation such as this - thats when one finds out how noble one is.

You never know what you are going to do until you are in that position.

Absolutely - emotions can get the best of decent people. The difference is that if I did such a thing I wouldn't claim to be justified or proud of it, it would be a moment of weakness. Too many people hold up people like this boyfriend as heroes when that couldn't be further from the truth.

• Like 2

If for the sake of clarity the perp had died from the assault it would be classed as a crime of passion,clearly not premeditated and under different sentencing rules.

Surprised nobody has said it yet, but what if she wasn't raped but the boyfriend walked in on her cheating?  Obviously in no way am I condoning rape, but there have been several cases of this same situation happening.  The woman screamed rape when caught and was actually cheating.

I'm not sure if the guy admitting to raping her, but I'd wait for the full story to come out before judging the guy who was beat up.  At a minimum, I don't fault the boyfriend and he's legally protected since he acted out of passion practically instantly.

• Like 3

Are you serious right now? You catch a guy in the act of raping your girlfriend and you're just going to what? Politely ask him to stop?

Surprised nobody has said it yet, but what if she wasn't raped but the boyfriend walked in on her cheating?  Obviously in no way am I condoning rape, but there have been several cases of this same situation happening.  The woman screamed rape when caught and was actually cheating.

I'm not sure if the guy admitting to raping her, but I'd wait for the full story to come out before judging the guy who was beat up.  At a minimum, I don't fault the boyfriend and he's legally protected since he acted out of passion practically instantly.

You're surprised nobody has said it yet ?  You are adding something to the story that was not even remotely mentioned or hinted at.  Sure its a possibility - but for that matter we can throw a million different what ifs ? at it a come up with a million different comments.

On the other hand, you are right - that has happened many times.  And you are right about waiting to hear the full story (both sides) before making a judgement call - but based on the evidence given thus far - this dude had it coming

You're surprised nobody has said it yet ?  You are adding something to the story that was not even remotely mentioned or hinted at.  Sure its a possibility - but for that matter we can throw a million different what ifs ? at it a come up with a million different comments.

On the other hand, you are right - that has happened many times.  And you are right about waiting to hear the full story (both sides) before making a judgement call - but based on the evidence given thus far - this dude had it coming

"but based on the evidence given thus far - this dude had it coming"

And that is what's wrong with the media today, and this site also, as it is just as guilty. They publish stories so fast that they don't know half the story and then things just start going crazy from there.

• Like 3

It sounds like a more likely scenario IMO. It happened in a house, in a bedroom no less, and he has only been accused of rape therefor by law he is still innocent at this moment.

Basically we are looking at an innocent man accused of a rape that occurred in the bedroom of a house. There are only a couple scenarios leading up to this point:

1. The woman was cheating, let the man into the house (or went to his/a house), and went from there.

2. The woman knew the man and let him into the house (or went to his/a house), then was raped.

3. The woman didn't know the man, he broke in and raped her.

4. The man kidnapped the woman, took her to a house, and raped her.

The story doesn't mention kidnapping or breaking and entering, so based on the story we have thus far, #3 and #4 are off the table. Other than the story calling him a "rape suspect", we have zero evidence that it was rape, therefore you cannot clearly say #2 was the most accurate scenario.

I say if anything, based on the info we have from the story, there's an equal chance that she was cheating as is the chance that she was raped.

• Like 3

Are you serious right now? You catch a guy in the act of raping your girlfriend and you're just going to what? Politely ask him to stop?

Lol... Please sir stop raping my girlfriend. She clearly see upset about it... Please sir, please. LMAO :D
  • Like 2

You give them an ice cream, a fluffy bunny to pet, and sit them down and explain to them how mean and hurtful it is to rape and assault others. :wacko:

Considering how sceptical the justice system is of rape victims, and how lenient the system seems to be on suspects who are found guilty, maybe this might be the only form of punishment this POS would receive.

Having done EXACTLY this to the bastard that raped my sister, I can well understand how the guy was feeling at the time.

Common sense, hell, even thought, doesn't come anywhere into the situation.  I regret my actions, but I don't apologise for them.  Neither will this guy.

• Like 2