South Carolina rape suspect beaten by victim's Boyfriend

If it was in the heat of the moment it would be one thing but the alleged rapist was already being arrested by police when the boyfriend attacked him. I object to the notion that if somebody has committed a criminal offence that it's justified to attack them to such a horrific extent. No-one can condone what the boyfriend did.

Actually, it seems that the vast majority of society has no problems condoning it; you seem to be the exception.

• Like 2

Actually, it seems that the vast majority of society has no problems condoning it; you seem to be the exception.

A lot of people support the death penalty, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. I'm not going to apologise for saying it's wrong to viciously assault somebody - we're not talking self-defence here. I look down on anyone who condones such behaviour.

A lot of people support the death penalty, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. I'm not going to apologise for saying it's wrong to viciously assault somebody - we're not talking self-defence here. I look down on anyone who condones such behaviour.

I guess you look down on me.... I can live with that.

He wouldn't look that good if he had done that to anyone at my home. Most likely, he would have been taken out in a body bag.

Meh....don't waste the body bag. Bring in the woodchipper. The iron in blood meal is good for the lawn ;)

• Like 2

###### me that's a tall horse you are riding around on.

###### me that's a tall horse you are riding around on.

Shouldn't we aspire to be better than our basest emotional instincts?

Shouldn't we aspire to be better than our basest emotional instincts?

Seriously though, what would you do if you saw someone raping your girlfriend?  Wait for them to finish and ask if they can please leave?  LOL

Seriously though, what would you do if you saw someone raping your girlfriend?  Wait for them to finish and ask if they can please leave?  LOL

Stop being ridiculous. It's patently obvious I'm not advocating doing nothing. There's a difference between intervening and beating someone to a pulp.

"Sir, please stop.  If you persist, we will have to solve this with a pillow fight.  Loser has to apologize!"

• Like 2

Stop being ridiculous. It's patently obvious I'm not advocating doing nothing. There's a difference between intervening and beating someone to a pulp.

That's why I am asking what you would do.  If you wouldn't resolve by force, your only options would be to call the police while he continues to rape your girlfriend, or to ask him to stop.  What else would you do if not physically make him stop?

That's why I am asking what you would do.  If you wouldn't resolve by force, your only options would be to call the police while he continues to rape your girlfriend, or to ask him to stop.  What else would you do if not physically make him stop?

I have never said that under no circumstances should force be used - it's the degree to which it is applied. Clearly this was excessive, especially given the police were already involved and dealing with the alleged rapist. The biggest problem I have is with people advocating such violence, especially the extreme position that such a person should be put through a woodchipper. If anyone genuinely believes that

theyarecomingforyou, on 03 Jan 2015 - 18:48, said:theyarecomingforyou, on 03 Jan 2015 - 18:48, said:

So for example the day I came home early and found my step daughters now x-boyfriend punching her in the face in my house and I grabbed him by his greasy hair and one shot knocked him out would you say that was excessive?   I don't believe that anyone is advocating violence however if you ever encounter a heinous event occurring you don't know what your actions are going to be until the heat of the moment.

I sense a severe case of social idealism.

The problem is that it's imperative to get the SOB off of her, and the odds are very high that nothing short of physicality sufficient to disable him, a bullet or 2 inch pipe to his crown will accomplish that without putting you in danger too.

The choice is him overcoming a mild attack and getting back on her with even more anger after hammering you into the floor, or putting him out of action ASAP by whatever means are available.

The latter is the obvious choice, at least to anyone with street smarts.

now that you mention it, theyarecomingforyou never answered the question how he would do when he under the similar circumstances as the boyfriend.

The idealist type who do not practices what he preach perhaps or

the type who doesn't have a solution to met his own idealistic morality?

The problem is that it's imperative to get the SOB off of her, and the odds are very high that nothing short of physicality sufficient to disable him, a bullet or 2 inch pipe to his crown will accomplish that without putting you in danger too.

The choice is him overcoming a mild attack and getting back on her with even more anger after hammering you into the floor, or putting him out of action ASAP by whatever means are available.

The latter is the obvious choice, at least to anyone with street smarts.

Did you even read the article? It clearly states the alleged rapist was already outside and being interviewed by police when the boyfriend of the alleged victim assaulted him. No longer was he protecting the victim but engaging in vengeance. Further, the boyfriend was related to the alleged rapist - he was not a stranger. It wouldn't be the first time a woman has had an affair with someone and claimed it was rape when she was caught. Not everything fits into your binary world of 'right' and 'wrong'. None of what you posted relates to this case in any way and to advocate shooting him demonstrates your clear obsession with firearms.

It stated the B/F beat him both in the bedroom, then went after him again when the perp told the cops she wanted it. The odds are high most of the damage was done in the first contact. I say that because the cops likely did a rapid intervention in the latter incident.

Did you even read the article? It clearly states the alleged rapist was already outside and being interviewed by police when the boyfriend of the alleged victim assaulted him. No longer was he protecting the victim but engaging in vengeance. Further, the boyfriend was related to the alleged rapist - he was not a stranger. It wouldn't be the first time a woman has had an affair with someone and claimed it was rape when she was caught. Not everything fits into your binary world of 'right' and 'wrong'. None of what you posted relates to this case in any way and to advocate shooting him demonstrates your clear obsession with firearms.

The very a same could be said for the statements you make.  Your constant and very obvious reminders of what is right/wrong with peoples actions/statements and yet the inability to admit that you yourself may engage in less than noble behavior.  Frankly it gets very tiresome reading time and again your holier than thou lectures on human shortcomings.  Please stop abusing that poor, poor horse and step off and join the human race.   :)

As people, yes, we should always endeavor to do/be our best and I believe for the most part people do. It is just more often than not we hear/read about the negative/criminal/crazy acts of people.  We take for granted so much of what's good and right.

And yes I agree there is a lot of good ol' internet bravado and over the top machismo going on.

His face looks like it hurts pretty bad... WOW!!!

This was obviously an emotional situation for all parties involved, and it seems that the emotions have spilled on to this thread as well...

Thing is, nobody truly knows what they won't/will do when they're emotions are astronomically high and the adrenaline is pumping like Super Mario on "Star Power" in situations like this.

Can you see through all of it and think/act clearly, or is all that you see is red, or even worse "black out" and whatever happens...happens?...

Was it rape, or was it consenual? I leave that to the law to hopefully figure that out in a correct and just manner...

It definitely plays out like a TV drama...

The victim/accuser... Played by the Girlfriend..

The accused... But maybe a victim?? Played by Mr Matteson aka Plum Face

And Mr. Hulk Smash... Hero/vigilante/assaulter??? Played by the Boyfriend

This is why I never have, and never will, have any sexual relations with a girl who has consumed any drugs, including alcohol, within 24 hours of our potential sexual encounter. If she were to state that she didn't consent I wouldn't have a defense. Alcohol, and any other drug, that prevents her from consenting would make me a rapist, by default.

I wouldn't risk that scenario, period.

This is why I never have, and never will, have any sexual relations with a girl who has consumed any drugs, including alcohol, within 24 hours of our potential sexual encounter. If she were to state that she didn't consent I wouldn't have a defense. Alcohol, and any other drug, that prevents her from consenting would make me a rapist, by default.

I wouldn't risk that scenario, period.

Uhhhh... so do you ask ?  get her to sign a waiver ?  indemnity clause ?  stopwatch ?

You have never gone out to a bar and picked up a girl ?  Ever hear of heat of the moment ?  Spontenaity ?  No offense but you make it sound like a job interview - not sex.  LOL

As far as theyarecomingforyou's comment about the extent of the beating - you realize that is completely relative.  What you view as violent, a primal animalistic beastly encounter - someone else might think he deserves much worse - who is to say who is right ?

• Like 1