System32 Folder (Bug)

Every time boot up the system32 folder will open up automatically and after one-two hour it will once again open  (windows 8.1)

I have scanned the folder and can confirm it isn't any virus and also check out the start up program which have nothing to do with it.

So far, there is no sign of what's making this keep on happening and constantly trying to find the culprit. 

Anyone have a good solution how to fix it?  :)

How long has it done it, did you do anything (like uninstall a program) around the time it started doing it?

Check the event log, see if anything in there might indicate what is causing it.

Also check the scheduled tasks. See if anything was due to run at the same time the window opened.

How long has it done it, did you do anything (like uninstall a program) around the time it started doing it?

Check the event log, see if anything in there might indicate what is causing it.

Also check the scheduled tasks. See if anything was due to run at the same time the window opened.

This is the exact time that happen. No idea whether or not to delete it but will try it. 

In fact, this is a modern UI app.  :(

post-438152-0-77915400-1420420001.png

Just went through the tortuous process of re-installing Win8.1 due to a hard drive issue, and I see nothing of the sort happening here, 3 days since.

Why it would shell-out and drop in to that folder in explorer doesn't make sense, since that process doesn't spawn explorer, as far as I know.

Maybe perform a repair install or run SFC?

Just went through the tortuous process of re-installing Win8.1 due to a hard drive issue, and I see nothing of the sort happening here, 3 days since.

Why it would shell-out and drop in to that folder in explorer doesn't make sense, since that process doesn't spawn explorer, as far as I know.

Maybe perform a repair install or run SFC?

I tried to run sfc scan now but that didn't fix anything and this kind of problem existed back in the XP era and can't believe 8.1 still kept that tradition. 

Maybe windows 10 will finally eradicate it  :(

I tried to run sfc scan now but that didn't fix anything and this kind of problem existed back in the XP era and can't believe 8.1 still kept that tradition. 

Maybe windows 10 will finally eradicate it  :(

As I said, I see nothing of the sort happening here.

Rough translation: it's likely /not/ a Windows' issue; more likely something with

I've never seen this happen with Windows ME, 2000, XP... without either some sort of file corruption or malware infection.

As I've alluded to, I recently just went through a situation requiring me to re-install Win8.1. I installed Windows Vista, upgraded to Win8, and then 8.1 upgrade, and am not experiencing the problem you are mentioning.

So, apparently, it's NOT A WINDOWS PROBLEM, since, if it were, I'd be experiencing it too. ;)

I can also attest that this is not a Windows issue (been using Windows since 2.x) this is something with your setup. Some software you unintentionally installed or are infected with, or possibly some sort of setting or script that you ran. Windows allows people to screw it up, we can't stop you from doing so. When you do screw it up we can only recommend software to scan it or to reinstall Windows. I have seen over a million computers in my time and I have not seen it do that unless someone buried a scheduled task somewhere to do something at specific times.

As I said, I see nothing of the sort happening here.

Rough translation: it's likely /not/ a Windows' issue; more likely something with

I've never seen this happen with Windows ME, 2000, XP... without either some sort of file corruption or malware infection.

As I've alluded to, I recently just went through a situation requiring me to re-install Win8.1. I installed Windows Vista, upgraded to Win8, and then 8.1 upgrade, and am not experiencing the problem you are mentioning.

So, apparently, it's NOT A WINDOWS PROBLEM, since, if it were, I'd be experiencing it too. ;)

I can assure nothing to do with any application and event log didn't detect any unusual and the earlier one isn't related after trying to verify multiple times. :/

This is flat out a pesky bug that isn't harmful but annoying.  In fact, some people did experienced it with XP and it's probably a minority problem but still this proven software trying to work with wide variety of hardware tend to suffer more random bug in the long run. I might have to reinstall it and create a restore point just in case anything like this ever occur. I highly believe it's most probably caused by windows registry and even after cleaning it out didn't solve the problem. 

If you create a new user account and log into that one immediately after bootup, does the system32 directory still open in Explorer?

Is this issue reproducible both if you restart the computer, or if you shut down, and then turn on the computer?

I can also attest that this is not a Windows issue (been using Windows since 2.x) this is something with your setup. Some software you unintentionally installed or are infected with, or possibly some sort of setting or script that you ran. Windows allows people to screw it up, we can't stop you from doing so. When you do screw it up we can only recommend software to scan it or to reinstall Windows. I have seen over a million computers in my time and I have not seen it do that unless someone buried a scheduled task somewhere to do something at specific times.

I will be very surprised if you never encounter this bug before?  :s  During the xp era, vividly remember this happen before and didn't care about it which's very long time ago probably after more than 7-8 years

This problem remind me of those day and happen to be 8.1 era.  :|

If you create a new user account and log into that one immediately after bootup, does the system32 directory still open in Explorer?

Is this issue reproducible both if you restart the computer, or if you shut down, and then turn on the computer?

It actually work which didn't open up instantly. Have to see check out whether or not it will happen in one or two hour but most likely it won't happen.  :) This is weird because both account share the same file system. 

It actually work which didn't open up instantly. Have to see check out whether or not it will happen in one or two hour but most likely it won't happen.  :) This is weird because both account share the same file system. 

I'm assuming that it's the new account that's exhibiting different behavior, and that there's no difference in restarting vs shutdown + turn on.

This result helps narrow things down - could be a program or service running under or misconfigured in your profile, could be a user-specific scheduled task. Let us know whether the new profile resolved the issue completely, then we can continue narrowing down what's causing this in your account. Do you have other machines that you're syncing settings with, or is this the only one/a local user account?

I can firmly confirm the method describe by zhangm solve the problem permanently.  (Y)  :laugh:

Well, what was it? How'd you solve it for your old user account? Was it a scheduled task? :p

Well, what was it? How'd you solve it for your old user account? Was it a scheduled task?  :p

It's got to be something running from startup, did anyone recommend he run autoruns on it and look for bad entries?

Well, what was it? How'd you solve it for your old user account? Was it a scheduled task?  :p

Old user account couldn't fix the problem but new user account don't suffer that bug. Since every file stay intact, it's almost no difference login with that new account by changing it a little bit to match the exact old account.  :)

It's got to be something running from startup, did anyone recommend he run autoruns on it and look for bad entries?

I tried that and deleted a few highlighted red line which is unsigned driver or something and none of those able to fix it.