[HELP] Factory reset Linsys E1200 Router

?Hey guys, I just moved into a new place, and had a friend give me their old Cisco Linksys E1200 router they had used previously. Unfortunately, it seems they did a bit of tinkering with it, erasing the stock firmware, and installing DD WRT.

?After a bit of troubleshooting with my friend, it seems we're at a crossroads at getting this thing factory reset. The only way I can connect to the net with it is with Eth port 1, and connecting the modem to Eth port 4. Eth ports 2 and 3 look to be DOA. Wireless is DOA. The router is giving off a 74.69.x.x IP address instead of the standard 192.168.x.x. The 30/30/30 reset didn't work. My friend had mentioned that it used to be part of a 10.10.10.x subnet.

Short story is: I can't log into the router at all to configure it. Is there a way to factory reset this thing without being able to do anything with it?

Anyone here familiar enough with DD WRT?

?

?

Ddwrt is simple enough, but you have a few issues going on there. You need to be able to get to done interface to manage it. If not you will need a jtag cable to get into it and reflash it. I would toss it and get a new router. It really wasnt the best router to begin with, meaning low end router.

Yeah, chances are I'm just going to return the router to my friend, and invest in a Netgear router.

I figured that if I couldn't load the webGUI, there was little to nothing that could be done.

I can tell you that some of the older DD-WRT and Tomato FW you had to do a different kind of hard reset - I think they called it a 30/30/30 reset method or something like that.

Since it was throwing out some strange IP address - you may have no "truly" reset it.

But you dont need to connect to it to do a reset...

"Eth port 1, and connecting the modem to Eth port 4"
"The router is giving off a 74.69.x.x IP address instead of the standard 192.168.x.x"

I doubt the router was giving off anything - that looks like your public IP address that your isp would give - since you just connected a switch between you and your modem when you connected to port 1 and 4.

NetRange:       74.64.0.0 - 74.79.255.255
CIDR:           74.64.0.0/12
Organization:   Time Warner Cable Internet LLC (RRNY)

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hard_reset_or_30/30/30
Hard reset or 30/30/30

But I doubt that will work - just get a new router.  They can be had for $20 if need be.