Four Things Sony Can Do To Make A PlayStation Now Subscription Worthwhile

• The subscription can't be limited to PlayStation 4 for long.

• PlayStation Plus members should be acknowledged with a slight discount.

• Sony needs to build the foundation of PS Now with first-party titles.

• PlayStation and PlayStation 2 titles should be a priority.

You can read the entire post here

I particularly agree about the PS and PS2 titles being a priority. I only owned a PS2 for a short time and I would like to check out some of the games that are said to be some of the greatest titles from that system.

• Like 2

I completely agree with everything listed.

I am a current PS+ member, and there is no way in hell I would pay an extra $20 a month for access to a severely limited collection of PS3 games. Even if they offered the entire PS1-3 backlog, it would still be a hard pill to swallow. If they offered access to it for another $5 on top of my PS+ membership, I would probably bite. But there is zero chance at $20.

I still have a few PS3s laying around the house too, but only one PS4. If they could enable access on PS3s, that would be a huge win for me. (I even had a brand new PS3 slim delivered today!)

• Like 2

I completely agree with everything listed.

I am a current PS+ member, and there is no way in hell I would pay an extra $20 a month for access to a severely limited collection of PS3 games. Even if they offered the entire PS1-3 backlog, it would still be a hard pill to swallow. If they offered access to it for another $5 on top of my PS+ membership, I would probably bite. But there is zero chance at $20.

I still have a few PS3s laying around the house too, but only one PS4. If they could enable access on PS3s, that would be a huge win for me. (I even had a brand new PS3 slim delivered today!)

i do miss some of the old ps1 titles, like ace combat. its a shame that that series is not available on psn :( 

1) Sony has already stated it's PS4 only for a limited time.

2) This isn't going to happen, at least not soon.  Why?  Because PS+ is only $50/year.  That's less than $4.17/month.  It doesn't make sense to give someone a $5+/month discount for buying a $4.17/month service.  They'd probably get killed in the press even worse then they are now if they offer a $2/month or so discount for PS+ users.  Maybe once they offer 6 month and full year options for PS Now it may make sense to give a PS+ discount but not now.

3) Sony is already doing this too.

4) This isn't a priority for PlayStation now nor should it be.  They're are still plenty of first party PS3 games they need to get out so going and digging up even older games isn't going to help.  Furthermore with respect to the PS4 specifically there are numerous rumors that indicate they are working on a PS1/PS2 emulator so you can buy and play those games directly on your PS4 instead of having to rent or pay for a subscription to something.  That's a better solution anyway and the PS4 has more than enough horsepower to emulate the PS1 and PS2.  Now EVENTUALLY they will add PS1 and PS2 game support but that's mainly for things like TVs and such that support PS Now, not the PS4.  So it's coming but it's NOT a priority and it shouldn't be.

The subscription can't be limited to PlayStation 4 for long.

PlayStation Plus members should be acknowledged with a slight discount.

Sony needs to build the foundation of PS Now with first-party titles.

PlayStation and PlayStation 2 titles should be a priority.

* It's not, it's already available on 2014 Bravia models, and is coming to other brands this year, including Samsung.  The open beta was on PS3, Vita, and PS TV as well.

* Agreed.  Actually, I'd like to see a PS++ that includes Playstation Now for $10 more per month.

* Generally it ends up mostly first-parrty with Sony ventures (move, PSEye).  But EA is already on board as well.

* I kind of think PS3 titles should be priority -- they're closer in people's minds, and fewer people owned a PS3.  In fact, I think data suggests a lot of PS4 owners didn't own a PS3, if they even owned a 7th gen console at all.  With the glut of PS1 classics already available for download, I think they should push at least to get the HD remasters out there of the PS2 games.