vaporizers / vaping feedback

I checked the rules didn't see anything about this in them.. so here goes.

When I was younger I used to smoke a lot of weed. As I've gotten older I have stopped smoking it but continue to read about the benefits of marijuana. Doing some research I've seen that smoking it is not good as the smoke isn't good for the lungs however using a vaporizer can allow you to get all the benefits while avoiding the harmful aspects.

I still smoke from time to time but rarely. I was considering buying a vaporizer similar to http://www.vaporizerscanada.ca/products/atmos-rx-dry-herb and using it a couple times a week (not every day).

For those that do smoke or vape.. is it worth it to buy a vaporizer and start smoking a couple times a week? I know there will be those who say don't start.. but really I already have.. just not as safe or as often. I know smoking weed won't double my life span but it does have medical benefits and does help with day to day stresses.

If anyone has thoughts suggestions or feedback that would be awesome.

• Like 1

I used to smoke 3 to 5 packs a day, for 30 years I been smoking,

and I got in to vaporizers 3 months ago and haven't touched a cigarette since the day I bought my first vaporizer.

I feel really healthy, no shortage of breath anymore, no coughing my brains out, etc. etc.

Although some vaporizers can cost a fair bit, they really do pay for themselves,

and the cost of using them, buying ejuice and atomizers, is pretty cheap.

A 20 to 30 dollar bottle of ejuice lasts me around 2 weeks,

and I change atomizers around once a week and they cost 10 to 20 dollars for a pack of 5.

So all in all, it is a fraction of the price of smoking cigarettes, but the benefit is more with health.

There is absolutely nothing bad about electronic cigarettes, I don't care what anyone says.

Edit- Oh, Maybe you mean vaporizers for pot? I don't smoke pot and know nothing about devices for smoking pot, lol.

Why not just do the old fashion way? I vape (nicotine) and I feel these gives off negative views towards the vaping scene.

Why do you feel it creates a negative view? Because of the ability to use herbs outside of tobacco, or oils such as the nicotine ones?  

Edit- Oh, Maybe you mean vaporizers for pot? I don't smoke pot and know nothing about devices for smoking pot, lol.

Ultimately yes I did mean for marijuana but in the end, what you are talking about appears to apply for weed as well.  The use of the vaporizer results in no smoke (hence the no coughing, less waste, etc).  But my take is (even if you don't support smoking marijuana) that vaporizers have many benefits over traditional methods regardless of the use?

I have both a butane one and an electric one,

not sure the brand of the butane one, as I bought it at the Taboo show in winnipeg and it's unmarked, but it's about the size of a portable cassette player, and works reaaaalllyyy well. It was about $250 CAD,  but it's definitely worth it, if you're going to solely use that for intake.

I also have an Atmos portable pen ($60CAD) and although it works okay, it'd have been wiser to get something like the G-Pen, or a similar (~$100-150 CAD)

In short, they do work, they are great, and they are the best way to do it.

Of course, tobacco use only ;) lol

I have both a butane one and an electric one,

not sure the brand of the butane one, as I bought it at the Taboo show in winnipeg and it's unmarked, but it's about the size of a portable cassette player, and works reaaaalllyyy well. It was about $250 CAD,  but it's definitely worth it, if you're going to solely use that for intake.

I also have an Atmos portable pen ($60CAD) and although it works okay, it'd have been wiser to get something like the G-Pen, or a similar (~$100-150 CAD)

In short, they do work, they are great, and they are the best way to do it.

Of course, tobacco use only ;) lol

I assume the wink is sarcasm?

So which would be better then:

http://www.vaporizerscanada.ca/collections/pen-vaporizers/products/snoop-dogg-g-pen-herbal-double-g-series

http://www.vaporizerscanada.ca/collections/pen-vaporizers/products/atmos-rx-dry-herb

http://www.vaporizerscanada.ca/collections/pen-vaporizers/products/atmos-boss-vaporizer

Prop 215 cardholder here.  I find I use less product with a vape and feel stronger effects.  It should save you money in the long run and is better than smoking.  I'd say get one.

Check out something like this model if being mobile isn't important. They last forever but take a few minutes to heat up.

http://www.amazon.com/Aromafuser-Aromatherapy-Diffuser/dp/B00AQ7MYVK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1420644608&sr

the atmos rx will combust the "herb" still. they say a glass filter in it will make that not happen but it still tends to burn. so at that point it ends up being an expensive lighter.

Also, look for deals. Not sure about canada, but you can get that WAY cheaper. That Atmos was even on groupon here in the US for like $58 with the normal kit, plus some oils and oil chamber to replace out the dry herb one. And a glass filter since it doesn't come with one.

I would go G pen over any atmos, as pointed out by StevoFC, they do tend to combust, as its a metal plate on a spring that shoves the rosemary to the coil, resulting in direct contact, and thus combustion.

I'm assuming your not looking at essential oils, just dried herbals?

I would go G pen over any atmos, as pointed out by StevoFC, they do tend to combust, as its a metal plate on a spring that shoves the rosemary to the coil, resulting in direct contact, and thus combustion.

I'm assuming your not looking at essential oils, just dried herbals?

It works better if you take the spring out because it doesn't push it so hard directly against the element. but it still smokes even with a glass filter in place on top of the heat.

Hi thanks for all the comments here on this subject and thanks to the OP. I am trying to get my wife away from smoking but she is unwilling to give up nicotine. I have a couple of specific questions:

1) This G-Pen everyone is taking about. Is that good for tobacco and for a vape noob?

2) How do you get the nicotine? I am in Canada and heard you have to import it from the U.S.

3) Can you vape tobacco as in from a tin?

4) Can anyone speak to the health benefits moving from smoking a pack a day to vaping?

5) Oh and menthol how to you get menthol from vaping?

Been smoke free for over 10 months after about 8 years, and it's great!

1) Not sure, using the Aspire Mini Pro Kit.

2) I order from Vaporfi in the US, I'm located in Trinidad (Caribbean).

3) I use strictly e-liquids, so I'm not sure.

4) Health-wise, imo, no more smelling like an ashtray, no more tar in your system, staining your teeth and yellowing your nails but most importantly, no more "smoker's cough".

5) E-liquids come in different flavours such as Menthol. Have a look over at Vaporfi.com to see the range of flavors available.

I checked the rules didn't see anything about this in them.. so here goes.

When I was younger I used to smoke a lot of weed. As I've gotten older I have stopped smoking it but continue to read about the benefits of marijuana. Doing some research I've seen that smoking it is not good as the smoke isn't good for the lungs however using a vaporizer can allow you to get all the benefits while avoiding the harmful aspects.

Out of curiosity, instead of going with a habit (vaping is still a habit, granted not a "bad" one per se), why not find other equivalents of the benefits of marijuana? Like foods, vegs, fruits, vitamins?

Out of curiosity, instead of going with a habit (vaping is still a habit, granted not a "bad" one per se), why not find other equivalents of the benefits of marijuana? Like foods, vegs, fruits, vitamins?

I do eat healthy, currently doing the "Whole30" I only use homeopathic medicines and such.. I am by no means a hippie, don't look like one, don't want be one, or anything.  It's one of those I already live healthy in terms of food.. but if I can add an extra layer.. why not.

Cheap and small portable vaporizers don't work well, in my experience.   Only a full sized ones work as expected, but they cost a lot.   cheapest one that is good is probably around $200

but, i t has being years since i did my research, and i might have missed better options.

still, i doubt a good vaporizer can be made in a cigarette shape...

because mj herb is really good at a lot of things. and highly enjoyable too at the right circumstances.   there is no tonic equivalence out there, that is also such fun.   

as a medicinal marijuana consumer, i have yet to find anything that provides the benefits i need (and boy, did i try everything... and anything) and also provides pleasure.

• Like 2

I think the whole "negative view" thing is subjective, but I do see how it can be problematic.

When I worked at Best Buy, they didn't care and allowed it on premise by customer and employee (in the break room only for employees). However, if it was being used for marijuana use, I do see how that would quickly get banned if people are unable to tell what's in it. Last thing a business wants is to be liable for any illegal activity. Of course, that also depends on where you live.

I do definitely admire the benefits of marijuana though, over having to take so many different pharmaceutical drugs. If you can live your life a little healthier and smell less like a pothead, I see nothing wrong with it.

I appreciate the topic btw, as I'm thinking what this may do to help my grandmother but with her tobacco use rather.

Same here. Wife's nicotine habit. She is not willing to give it up and has recently stated she wants to smoke in the house. I refused but was willing to meet her half way thus looking into e-sig. Just not sure what we/she needs for the nicotine / menthol flavor without the damaging smoke. Will look at the e-liquids and see.    

I do eat healthy, currently doing the "Whole30" I only use homeopathic medicines and such.. I am by no means a hippie, don't look like one, don't want be one, or anything.  It's one of those I already live healthy in terms of food.. but if I can add an extra layer.. why not.

Holy christ man! I don't mean to digress on teh topic, but this is crazy, what can you eat during this program? water?

More importantly, here

Holy christ man! I don't mean to digress on teh topic, but this is crazy, what can you eat during this program? water?

Well to be honest, only real reason I dont try recreational mj, is because i'm already too nuts :wacko: and it scares me :p

you eat meats and vegetables, once you get into it, it is really not a big deal.  i can skip rice/pasta/bread and other fillers....  and replace them with better veggies and salads

with high quality salt (i use local one with all the minerals and extra added seaweed for iodine) and if you are good with spices, you can make great dishes from veggies, avoiding grains altogether.

i still have very mixed feelings about legumes though...

it is what i am doing now (http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf) and it is very good.

the only thing that is not too healthy is alcohol.  and even here i gave up beer for good and stick to dry white spirits, like vodka, dry white rum, and certain dry brandies.

EDIT:  yeah that Whole30 thing is brutal...     why not buckwheat? or quinoa?   they are best best nutrient sources without gluten too.  

I live in Michigan and have a medical marihuana license.I've tried many types of vaporizers and some work very well. Unfortunately,unless you can get CO2 extracted marijuana oils,you won't be able to use the best ones.

you eat meats and vegetables, once you get into it, it is really not a big deal.  i can skip rice/pasta/bread and other fillers....  and replace them with better veggies and salads

with high quality salt (i use local one with all the minerals and extra added seaweed for iodine)

it is what i am doing now (http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf) and it is very good.

the only rule i break is alcohol.  and even here i gave up beer for good and stick to white dry spirits.

man i'm partly italian, not having pasta is a sin!

Well to be honest, only real reason I dont try recreational mj, is because i'm already too nuts :wacko: and it scares me :p

Trust me, I thought the same when I was told to try it.  I haven't 100% started yet (still had food in the fridge that breaks the rules) but did some shopping to prepare for it.  Bought a bag of shrimp, Potatoes, chicken, pork chops, different spices (that are like 1 ingredient).

Looking online though, there are recipes for different cream sauces, tomato sauces, all sorts of different types. Made potatoes last night.  Cut them up really small, put salt, peper, and cumin peper on it with a bit of olive oil and fried/baked them in the oven for an hour and they were awesome.

As for the mj use.. I am looking at it purely for the added medical benefits.. and having smoked it recreationally many..many times I know how I react to it and it definitely calms me down.

• Like 2