Nexus 5 (D820) vs OnePlus One

I know there has been many threads asking for comparisons, but I'm moving to Europe and was thinking I should upgrade to the OnePlus One since I just got an invite. I've been told the D820 version of the Nexus 5 will limit my data browsing to 3G and I just want to make sure I have LTE while I'm over there. So, I was wondering would it be a decent upgrade for another year or two if I get the OnePlus One or should I hold off as long as I can?

It depends where in Europe you're moving to. The only real difference between the D820 and D821 is that the latter has Bands 3, 7, 8 and 20 LTE - where 3, 7 and 20 are the main bands used.

Personally, I'd hang on for the OnePlus Two now. Speaking as someone from the UK, LTE isn't that important over here as most 3G networks are very well developed. I can get about 20mbps over 3G, with only a minimal increase on LTE. The rest of Europe may be different though.

• Like 1

It depends where in Europe you're moving to. The only real difference between the D820 and D821 is that the latter has Bands 3, 7, 8 and 20 LTE - where 3, 7 and 20 are the main bands used.

Personally, I'd hang on for the OnePlus Two now. Speaking as someone from the UK, LTE isn't that important over here as most 3G networks are very well developed. I can get about 20mbps over 3G, with only a minimal increase on LTE. The rest of Europe may be different though.

Okay, thank you.