epson workforce 1100 problems

I noticed one day that all the LEDs were lit, and so I just powered it off for the night (it was late anyway)

Next day, it wouldn't turn on.  It's been like that for a while now, but I decided to try something. So normally when I hit power, nothing happens (no green LED for power)  as if it's dead.  I tried pushing in all the buttons (power + paper + ink + trash)  and held them in.  The power LED goes on and so do the two other leds for paper and ink.  Although it still isn't actually functioning, the fact that the power is available makes me wonder if it's really dead.

Was it somehow sent into some "mode"? (debug? or something?)  It's stuck like that. Unplugging it for long periods of time doesn't help either.  I think my cat was sitting on it and mashed the buttons in some strange pattern or sat on them and held them in.  What can I do about this?

Try disconnecting power cord and reinserting. I had this same problem with my old HP printer. It would turn on, but not fully.

Way outside the warranty, I would definitely consider the artisan 1430.

I just noticed now, when turning on the power, a red light turns on inside of the printer (deep inside the printer, not the LED notifications on the panel)  So it IS turning on, but it's not activating. The green power LED just doesn't go on.

This is ALMOST similar to when I was changing the tubes for my CIS (ink system) the printer would go on but the paper/ink lights would stay a solid red and not cooperate.  (moving around the ribbons fixed it).  This time, there are no lights  (except for the one I see going on inside the printer's crevices)

GASP!!!  I opened'er up and found cat pee all over the components (the bottom tray at least)  I think the motor and all those things are ok,  it's 1 particular circuit board that was corroded with blue gunk and the ribbon cables are in need of cleaning.  Before attempting to order a new part,  I want to see if a cleaning will work.

I've lived with cats for YEARS, yet I know not how to remove urine from electronics.  (I know ammonia from the urine + some other chemical = toxic gas)  so what can I safely use to clean my electronics from the peepee?