Warmest outdoor boots.

Would say 1000 gram thinsulate PAC boots be any warmer than regular boots with the same amount of insulation? I'm asking cause I'm not sure why they make PAC boots but they look warmer and my current 400 g thinsulate work boots aren't very warm at all.

A PAC is a liner with a moccasin-like foot that goes inside of an outer boot, so a PAC boot is the combination. Very warm, and often used by woodsmen, hunters etc.

More Thinsulate = good.

Some outfits make numerous models for specific activities or professions like linemen etc. Some makes (Hoffman etc.) can be rebuilt by the manufacturer cheaper than buying a new pair, but they aren't cheap. Prices for a higher end PAC start at $150 and can go well over $500.

A PAC is a liner with a moccasin-like foot that goes inside of an outer boot, so a PAC boot is the combination. Very warm, and often used by woodsmen, hunters etc.

More Thinsulate = good.

Some outfits make numerous models for specific activities or professions like linemen etc. Some makes (Hoffman etc.) can be rebuilt by the manufacturer cheaper than buying a new pair, but they aren't cheap. Prices for a higher end PAC start at $150 and can go well over $500.

Yeah I know what a PAC is, I was asking if it's warmer than a regular boot with the same amount of insulation in it or are they the same. If they are the same then what other purpose does PAC's exist for?

In my experience they're warmer than regular boots per quantity of Thinsulate, and listing how many types there are for different jobs would be a a long list. Some companies make at least 25-30 types. Some tougher, some oil resistant, some more water resistant, some for climbing, cross country hiking, hunting etc. Quite an industry.