Windows Account for login - windows shares now tied to my live account as well?

I didn't even think about this when I switched to using a Microsoft account login but looks like I now have to use my live account for folder shares in my internal network.  That means I also have to use the password associated with my live account for those folder shares?

will if you use the home network thing it all works pretty painlessly.

but you can also set it to use regular user account and password sharing, in which case yes, unless you make special sharing accounts.

Short answer is, no you do not have to.  I do not use my live account information on my internal network.

I have standard user accounts setup on my equipment that has shares on it.  They are local accounts.

If I want to connect to them, I use the local account to connect to them.  This way I do not have to use my Microsoft Live Account to do this.

For example:  I have a box that has a share \\example1\exampledir.

I have an account named user1

so when I connect to \\example1\exapledir I connect as example1\user1.  This allows me to keep them all seperate.

You can set up Windows Credentials in control panel to match the ones on your file server if you're using Microsoft Accounts.

Control Panel > Credential Manager > Windows Credentials > "Add a Windows credential" > Type the username/password of your usual account as appropriate.

This should allow you to connect to your shares without having to enter your credentials.