George Zimmerman arrested again

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) - Florida authorities say George Zimmerman has been arrested on an aggravated assault charge.

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office says the 31-year-old Zimmerman was arrested in Lake Mary about 10 p.m. Friday and is being held at the John E. Polk Correctional Facility. The facility's website says Zimmerman is scheduled for a court appearance at 9 a.m. Saturday.

No further details were released. A message seeking further information was left Saturday morning by The Associated Press with Seminole County Sheriff officials.

Zimmerman was acquitted in 2013 of a second-degree murder charge for shooting an unarmed teenager.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/nation_world/20150110_ap_95edcf74732a4c4a82da4a03be6fa1a3.html

In fairness, there are absolutely no details about the incident itself. Despite saying that, you would have really thought that this man wanted to keep a low profile, not do something to put himself back in the spotlight.

• Like 1

In fairness, there are absolutely no details about the incident itself. Despite saying that, you would have really thought that this man wanted to keep a low profile, not do something to put himself back in the spotlight.

Wondering if he does in purpose to seek attention... If it's true then this guy below in a psychiatric institution.

I am willing to bet that someone was trying to antagonize him because of his name and started a fight. It may have left out the out guy is also charged.

• Like 3

i'm starting to have 2nd thoughts about this man

You mean he's not the American hero the conservative right made him out to be? Quelle surprise.

• Like 2

Update:

MIAMI (AP) - Florida authorities say George Zimmerman, whose acquittal of murdering an unarmed black teen sparked a national debate on race and self-defense laws, has been arrested for allegedly throwing a wine bottle at his girlfriend.

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office says the 31-year-old Zimmerman was arrested for aggravated assault in Lake Mary about 10 p.m. Friday and is being held at the John E. Polk Correctional Facility.

During a court appearance Saturday morning, Zimmerman's bond was set at $5,000 and he was ordered to avoid contact with the woman who was not identified.

Judge John Galluzzo gave few details of the incident, but said a wine bottle was involved and that the alleged assault happened at Zimmerman's home. Prosecutors questioned whether substance abuse treatment was needed, but the judge said that didn't seem to be a factor.

After the brief hearing, Zimmerman's attorney, Don West, told the Orlando Sentinel (http://tinyurl.com/me467wh) his client was arrested after allegedly throwing a wine bottle at his girlfriend several days ago.

Zimmerman was also told by the judge to stay out of Volusia County, where the alleged woman lives.

The judge ordered Zimmerman to pack up any personal belongings his girlfriend may have left at Zimmerman's home and give them to his lawyer.

Zimmerman, who wore blue scrubs and handcuffs, appeared calm during the brief hearing. At one point, he laughed and joked with an officer as he signed paperwork.

Although the incident didn't involve a firearm, the judge ordered Zimmerman to surrender any weapons out of an abundance of caution.

Zimmerman is scheduled to appear back in court on Feb. 17.

No further details about the alleged assault were released. A message left for Seminole County Sheriff officials seeking further information about the incident was not immediately returned Saturday morning.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/nation_world/20150110_ap_95edcf74732a4c4a82da4a03be6fa1a3.html#6qEW8S68oJbQy4od.99

Seriously, somebody needs to lock this psycho in jail for good before he kills somebody else. I personally have had enough of his crap.

to be honest, quite frankly this doesn't surprise me.

Aspect #1: Look who he is. He is the man, who hit big time, probably unwanted publicity for a case that started the racial civil rift in the US. fortunately for him, the law was on his side and he made it out. however, at what cost to himself?

Aspect#2: Since then, he's probably been a target either, directly or indirectly of people who probably think they can get one over on him and also, because of the notariety, He is also simply just a human being like us all. it's just that whatever he does, gets in the news. We can see that he is having probably severe anger management issues, after all, after what he has been through, can we blame him? that's not excusing his actions but, really though, he is always going to be under scrutiny more now than ever.

This is an inherent problem when one has been in a huge countrywide spotlight for so long and a spotlight NOT based upon being a celebrity.

• Like 2

Aspect #1: Look who he is. He is the man, who hit big time, probably unwanted publicity for a case that started the racial civil rift in the US. fortunately for him, the law was on his side and he made it out. however, at what cost to himself?

Aspect#2: Since then, he's probably been a target either, directly or indirectly of people who probably think they can get one over on him and also, because of the notariety, He is also simply just a human being like us all. it's just that whatever he does, gets in the news. We can see that he is having probably severe anger management issues, after all, after what he has been through, can we blame him? that's not excusing his actions but, really though, he is always going to be under scrutiny more now than ever.

This is an inherent problem when one has been in a huge countrywide spotlight for so long and a spotlight NOT based upon being a celebrity.

"Why do you want to advertise yourself? Keep it low-profile."

-Mickey Munday

Cocaine Cowboy

That all sounds good and well but I don't think it applies here. This guy had issues before his shooting incident with Martin. He had issues with domestic violence, violence against women and resisting arrest with violence. He's a dime a dozen. The only think that put him on the map is he shot an unarmed teen. Take that away and you just have another common idiot who may have some psychological deficiencies manifesting themselves as violence and criminal activity. Prison and jails are full of them. We are hearing about it, and talking about it, because of his "celebrity" brought about by the Martin incident.

That all sounds good and well but I don't think it applies here. This guy had issues before his shooting incident with Martin. He had issues with domestic violence, violence against women and resisting arrest with violence. He's a dime a dozen. The only think that put him on the map is he shot an unarmed teen. Take that away and you just have another common idiot who may have some psychological deficiencies manifesting themselves as violence and criminal activity. Prison and jails are full of them. We are hearing about it, and talking about it, because of his "celebrity" brought about by the Martin incident.

Well I agree, its NOT a good celebrity. all this does is make his violent outbursts more prevalent since he is known, for an alleged crime. All of his celebrity is not based upon popularity, movie celebrity or music industry.

Seriously, somebody needs to lock this psycho in jail for good before he kills somebody else. I personally have had enough of his crap.

I can almost guarantee that I am one the MOST passive people you have ever met. But yet, you ask 2 of my ex's and they will claim I am a murdering psycho. Just because someone says something, doesn't mean its true. And in this case, a vindictive woman could say anything because of the publicity surrounding a past event.

• Like 2

I can almost guarantee that I am one the MOST passive people you have ever met. But yet, you ask 2 of my ex's and they will claim I am a murdering psycho. Just because someone says something, doesn't mean its true. And in this case, a vindictive woman could say anything because of the publicity surrounding a past event.

It's well known that he's a woman beater, long before he was a child murderer.

• Like 2

It's well known that he's a woman beater, long before he was a child murderer.

didn't know anything about his past.... child murder? You talking about that black man that attacked him?

This dude seems to think he's impervious to the law now a days or something!

Can't flim flam the ZIm Zam.

And you dare not try to simmer the Zimmer.