Keyboard issue

Okay, so this happened a while back, but only now I realized it was worth posting about.

I had my laptop (2011 HP Pavilion g6) dual-booting (through a secondary partition) with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. When Build 9879 came out and they said gestures were available without custom drivers, I tried uninstalling my Synaptics driver for the touchpad (on WIndows 10 only) to see if it did. This resulted in Windows 10 not booting. Through the recovery methods in the OS,  managed to get it back booting, but i don't recall exactly what option I chose. The thing is, the system booted, but the Caps Lock indicator light no longer turns on. I think I messed with some driver that was called SMBus or something.

Anyway, while dual-booting, this issue was only present in Windows 10, so I figured it was an OS issue. a couple weeks ago, though, I decided to use Windows 10 alone, so I formatted the computer entirely and merged the partitions, and clean installed Build 9879. I was shocked to see that the issue with the keyboard remained. Albeit a little annoying, I lived with it. However, today, I bought an external keyboard and found out that the indicator lights on this new keyboard don't work with my computer either, but work on others.

This seems to be some sort of driver issue, but I have no clue what it could be. Can anyone help?

The light worked in Windows 8.1 when I was dual-booting, though. It worked on 8.1 and not on 10, simultaneously. And the lights on external keyboards don't work either, so what part of the hardware could it be?