Xbox One TV tuner Out of Stock

Hello everyone!

I live in the UK and next month I will move to a new flat. I will finally have access to a TV antenna, therefore I'll be able to watch Freeview. Until now, I have been using my TV to play videogames and watch catch up programmes offered by various apps through internet.

My TV has an MPEG4 tuner installed already, but I thought that it would be nice to make use of features that Xbox One and One Guide offer. I know that I can do that with an Xbox One TV tuner, so I decided to buy one, but I am out of luck. I have checked with three major suppliers and they are all out of stock. These are Amazon, GAME UK and even the official Microsoft Store.

What is going on? Did they stop producing them? Or do they have many backorders waiting to be fulfilled?

I hope you all have a great year :)

I dont get this, Maybe I am missing the point surely if you have a TV connected to said XBOX then that TV would accept the Ariel connection too? 

In reality, you could do this with no issue. the only reason you may not be able to do this is if you have an older TV that perhaps doesn't have the correct, I forget the correct word so I'll go with, Tuner Freeview = DVB-T, Freesat = DVB-S, Cable = DVB-C etc but I don't think anyone would actually own an Xbox one and have a TV that doesn't have this sort of thing built in now.

The other thing is completely geeky and is the whole controlling it via your smartphone, hand gesture or voice command. Other than that, yep its completely pointless really.

I was considering buying something like this a week or two ago (Freeview + Now TV + Netflix) meant it was easier to just watch everything via the Xbox rather than having to switch between sources for what I wanted.

On Topic, very strange that this seems to be out of stock everywhere, I had a look at a few other places and it was out of stock everywhere I looked bar Argos, if you want it bad, best jump quick!

Ahhh right yeah fair enough I see so you would get the TV guide via the xbox etc, You could then easily flick between games and TV I suppose. I just connected my Sky HD box via the HDMI Cable for the same thing but yeah if you don't subscribe to that then fair enough, Get ya :D

Thank you for your replies.

My TV supports DVB-T and DVB-T2 and I could just connect the aerial to my TV's tuner and it would work just fine. 

I want to use the Xbox One TV tuner and be able to access all the features that it has to offer, including fast switching between games & TV and being able to control TV from only one place and one remote control.

Argos does not have it available for shipping to my area and my local store doesn't have it in stock either. I guess I am out of options and I must wait until they re-stock.

The strange thing is that I checked Microsoft's online Store last Friday and they had it in stock. Maybe someone purchased the last one :p

The Xbox One only has a HDMI pass-through so you can connect cable tv or freeview tv going through a digital tuner into hdmi, not a direct coaxial antenna connection.

phphkbmwg.jpg

Freeview Antenna connections are coaxial, so he needs the TV Tuner box to be able to view tv through it. (Official Xbox One tv tuner goes through usb rather than hdmi to the X1 also so he can have the hdmi pass-through connection free incase he wants to connect cable tv or another hdmi input)

61pxP6qr-lL._SL1500_.jpg

Legendary Aced, 

You can try eBay or similar online retailers, I did a quick search and found a few second hand and new xbox one tv tuners available.

The Xbox One only has a HDMI pass-through so you can connect cable tv or freeview tv going through a digital tuner into hdmi, not a direct coaxial antenna connection.

Freeview Antenna connections are coaxial, so he needs the TV Tuner box to be able to view tv through it. (Official Xbox One tv tuner goes through usb rather than hdmi to the X1 also so he can have the hdmi pass-through connection free incase he wants to connect cable tv or another hdmi input)

Legendary Aced, 

You can try eBay or similar online retailers, I did a quick search and found a few second hand and new xbox one tv tuners available.

can it pick Saorview? does anyone know?

Edit: quick search and it seems it can work with Saorview. :D handy for me since I can pick it up as well as Freeview

would love to get one but don't know how it would run in NZ.

do newzeland not use DVB-T digital signals?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_digital_television_deployments_by_country#mediaviewer/File:Digital_broadcast_standards.svg <map seems to suggest you and australia use the same system as europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_digital_television_deployments_by_country

Isn't one of the features of the Xbox TV tuner that it can stream the Live TV to a tablet on your LAN, or is that just for preview users only?

my smart TV can do that anyway, with it's tablet app. analogue and digital just what ever channel you have tuned into it. wifi handy if your watching a football match and need to visit the the library :shifty:

So you maybe right. But having to change regions....

that's crap, would affect me since I can pick up Saorview and North of Ireland Freeview signals. they should just figure out away for the console to just pick up the guide for each channel, I think media centre can do it. I do remember that I had guide info for all channels I could receive wither they where saorview or freeview.

70+ channels and nothing on :argh:

Edit: could you not get a freeview box and run the hdmi pass through back to the TV. (would that not fire the console into working with the tv guide?)thinking of doing that just for the sake of doing it with a new freeviewHD+ box. don't really need it but can be handy to record channels when I I have 2 scheduled already on sky+ or if they are on one of the saorview channels I can't get on sky since it's region locked and sky like to block football and some shows when it suits them.

The Xbox One Digital TV Tuner is still out of stock from the shops that originally mentioned. It looks like their manufacturer has not built up new tuners yet or they haven't received a new batch.

The Xbox One Digital TV Tuner is still out of stock from the shops that originally mentioned. It looks like their manufacturer has not built up new tuners yet or they haven't received a new batch.

could microsoft be changing the design of them already?

They released the product in Q4 2014. I think that it is a bit early for them to redesign it. Besides that, it is just an accessory that goes behind your TV system that once you install it, no one gets to see it again.

I know. but seems strange that a something that is so simple to manufacture can't be found anywhere.

it's just a TV tuner at the end of the day, :/

just trying to think why they are like hens teeth :)

hopefully they make one with a CI+ slot.

I just want a tuner, to try it out. they can do that when ever I get one :whistle: 70+ freeview & saorview channels and just want to see how it works with both at once. I think media Centre use to pick up both guides at once. but don't really know how the Xone will handle it

Are you in the hunt for that tuner as well? :p

I'll make a post if I there is availability again

aye that'd be handy, between being able to pick up both Freeview and Saorview, I hope it can be used with both TV guides at once. or am gona punt it into the nearest bin then set it on fire :argh:

was thinking of just getting a BT TV box and run the HDMI pass through anyway

The Xbox One TV tuner is great, but it must have been such a small manufacturing run for it not to be available any where!

I replaced my YouView BT box with it, as the BT box was a pile of crap. Only things missing from the Xbox Tuner is there's no record function, and it appears no reminder function :s

Both could be added at a later date though. If they did add recording, they'd probably have to redesign the tuner to use dual tuners, maybe that's what they're doing?

Amazon.co.uk is completely out of stock now, as Marketplace retailers that sell over Amazon do not have any left. The have activated the "subscribe" feature which notifies the subscriber when they have stock again.

I contacted Amazon.co.uk, Microsoft Store UK and GAME UK, but they all were unable to provide an estimated date of restocking.

Amazon.de still has some stock from Marketplace retailers: http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B00E97HVJI

Amazon.fr still has some stock from Marketplace retailers and their own entry mentions availability within two to five weeks: http://www.amazon.fr/gp/offer-listing/B00E97HVJI

Let's hope that this last one is true. Temporarily, I'm gonna watch TV through my TV's internal tuner...

• 1 month later...