School Requests Students be Armed with Canned Food

At the end of the school year, the cans will be donated to the food closet.

That seems unnecessary. Surely a metal can, as a projectile, has a substantial shelf life and can be relied upon for many years?

Campbell
  • Like 4

W-T-F....

Brain dead PC idiots, one and all. Install security doors and either train/arm volunteer staffers or hire armed guards.

Tin cans ain't gonna cut it unless you fill them with concrete, load 'em into a black powder cannon and blow incoming vehicles in the driveway.

yeah, a bunch of kids going to throw cans at armed and possibly armored guy, as they are about to get shot....  yeah

idiots.

I guess no one has been hit with a canned food item.  Even condensed milk can hurt/knock someone out.  Or distract them/hurt them enough for someone to do something else.  Yea, seems odd but unfortunately this is what things have come to these days.

Start at 1:25   :p :P

Even condensed milk can hurt/knock someone out.  Or distract them/hurt them enough for someone to do something else. 

hit with can, thrown by kid VS getting SHOT?   lol     Guess you never being shot!!!     ... the point is: you don't need to be hit with it to understand what inadequate solution it is.

yes, it can hurt, and with EXACT hit on the head, can possibly knock someone out,

but what are the chances of an armed gunmen entering classroom shooting, that the kids will have the skills and courage to aim against bullets?

i would not want to be in that classroom, and i certainly would not feel safe against a gunman, armed with 100 cans

hit with can thrown by kid, was getting SHOT?   lol

yes, it can hurt, but what are the chances of an armed gunmen entering classroom shooting, that the kids will have the skills and courage to aim against bullets?

i would not want to be in that classroom, and i certainly would not feel safe against a gunman.

Think of it this way.  A gunman cannot see around him 360 degrees.  Someone could get a shot of depending on the situation.  And its not necessarily in a classroom.  Could be a hallway, could be when the gunman in reloading.    And a lot of kids can throw, hard.  And may not knock them out, just distract them long enough for an adult to do something.  I admit, it is odd...really odd...but those things can hurt.  Just because they are kids, dont mean they are cowards.  A lot of kids have done some pretty amazing things.

And I am speaking from somone who has been kit with canned goods before.  Younger brother and I used to get in to it a lot as kids.  It hurts, like hell.  Ahh, the good old days  :)

Think of it this way.  A gunman cannot see around him 360 degrees.  Someone could get a shot of depending on the situation.  And its not necessarily in a classroom.  Could be a hallway, could be when the gunman in reloading.    And a lot of kids can throw, hard.  And may not knock them out, just distract them long enough for an adult to do something.  I admit, it is odd...really odd...but those things can hurt.  Just because they are kids, dont mean they are cowards.  A lot of kids have done some pretty amazing things.

And I am speaking from somone who has been kit with canned goods before.  Younger brother and I used to get in to it a lot as kids.  It hurts, like hell.  Ahh, the good old days  :)

trouble with that is, the gunman could, out of reflex, pull the trigger if not reloading, I think I'd prefer the better security doors and windows, as opposed to the hallway scene from High School High :p

trouble with that is, the gunman could, out of reflex, pull the trigger if not reloading, I think I'd prefer the better security doors and windows, as opposed to the hallway scene from High School High :p

Yea, but schools these days cannot afford text books let alone better security. A can of peas cost 29 cents.  A gunman is going ot kill someone most likely regardless of what preventative measures are taken...most likely.  Personally, I am for arming and training the teachers/staff. 

On the curriculum this school year -  Can Defense 101.  

We will be taking students out to the local gun range to teach them the fine art of self defense that employs the proven method of using canned vegetables.  Students will learn how to properly hold, aim and throw a can at an assailant.  They will also learn how to handle these potentially deadly objects safely.  Please remember only 8 ounce cans will be permitted, after all we don't want to appear too over the top or excessive/aggressive.  And remember - NEVER POINT A CAN AT ANYONE!  This is a serious business and horse play of any kind will result in your can be confiscated.

• Like 2

Brain dead PC idiots, one and all. Install security doors and either train/arm volunteer staffers or hire armed guards.

Or, you know, address the source of the problem - lunatics with access to firearms. But I suppose turning schools into prisons is the next best thing.

So, if a student brings an "unregistered" can of food to school I presume he/she will be suspended or expelled for bringing a weapon onto school grounds.

• Like 3

OK...... so you throw the can, hit and hurt the gunman.  Now you have no can and he still has a gun and is now even more upset.  Now what?

OK...... so you throw the can, hit and hurt the gunman.  Now you have no can and he still has a gun and is now even more upset.  Now what?

Its about distracting them.  You have multiple people doing it at once, then there is chance an adult can do something.  Depending on where you hit someone, can do more than hurt hurt them.

I said the idea was strange to begin with.  Just playing devils advocate here.