January 21 Event: Windows 10: The Next Chapter

75 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Excited?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will you be watching live?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. How was the event? (answer after the event has happened)

• Great (5)
    • (4)
    • (3)
    • (2)
    • (1)
    • Hasn't happened yet, I will update my vote after the event!

...for the first year... does it mean I have to pay after or I just have to upgrade in the first year?

it means its free if you upgrade within the first year of the release of windows 10. once you upgrade,you have a license and don't have to pay any longer. if you want to upgrade your win7/8 one year after windows 10 is released, you have to pay.

it means its free if you upgrade within the first year of the release of windows 10. once you upgrade,you have a license and don't have to pay any longer. if you want to upgrade your win7/8 one year after windows 10 is released, you have to pay.

Thanks! :)

Where did you see that Microsoft isn't going to a subscription base?

well hello .....

the steam is lagging like hell

Cortana looks pretty nice! Hopefully these quotes aren't just scripted and are natural conversations that you can have

Cortana looks pretty nice! Hopefully these quotes aren't just scripted and are natural conversations that you can have

They must have learned from the Milo demo!

Cortana looks nice.  Just hopefully the voice recognition/commands are as good as they are shown.  X1, commands looked good in the presentation but a lot of complaints from users after it was released.  And if it is as good as what they are saying it is in the blog, then I hope they improve the X1.

Need to add an option to the vote...

Will you be watching live?

Yes

No

If the stream worked properly I would

One of the reasons I read the blogs and get info that way.  I couldnt even read anything about the even the first 45min (work) so doing a little reading when I can.

I think the "free upgrade" statement is intentionally vague. How do we know it's not going to be a subscription afterwards?

when was windows subscription based for consumers? it means the only thing it can mean.

vcfan, on 21 Jan 2015 - 19:58, said:

when was windows subscription based for consumers? it means the only thing it can mean.

when was windows free for one year for anyone at all? there's a first time for everything ...

The focus on the user experience and interface is a good mentality for MS to have but I think desktop users are going to be disappointed with this presentation, im surprised they didn't show a final vision for the UI or was that it etc.

• Like 1