I'm Back!

After what I reckon must be 2 years, I'm back in the game on here.

So what's changed around here? Anything major?

Front page looks nice and the forums are a lot fresher than I remember.

Well you missed out on a new law imposed here: 

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1241670-2015-random-text-thread/page-35

1. Anyone who leaves neowin must pay the first person to respond to their thread ONE MILLION DOLLARS

Dr_-Evil-One-Million-Dollars_zps107ab072

And of course you CANNOT MISS OUT ON NEOWINs MOST IMPORTANT POLL

DOGS VS CATS

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1225743-official-dogs-vs-cats/page-128

• Like 3

Aside from people shamelessly promoting their threads (looking at you, Draconian Guppy :p) I don't think all that much has changed in 2 years other than the site getting a facelift.

Watch out for pictures and videos though, profanity is no longer tolerated (in fairness it never was, but we're being a bit more aggressive with the stance now.)

Welcome back! Mind me asking what caused the hiatus? And the return? You can tell us that you missed our love, we won't get clingy about it. ;)

• Like 1

Aside from people shamelessly promoting their threads (looking at you, Draconian Guppy :p) I don't think all that much has changed in 2 years other than the site getting a facelift.

Watch out for pictures and videos though, profanity is no longer tolerated (in fairness it never was, but we're being a bit more aggressive with the stance now.)

Welcome back! Mind me asking what caused the hiatus? And the return? You can tell us that you missed our love, we won't get clingy about it. ;)

No no, the dog vs. cat poll is a neowin collective to determine who loves what and why they hate the other :laugh: But ok, I started that thread... However if we were to be technical on thread starters,

Guess who started this one: https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1241670-2015-random-text-thread/#entry596701376

So i'm shamelessly promoting

Your thread! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil::rofl: :rofl:

• Like 2

Welcome back! :) Not that I know you since I wasn't here when you were active.

Also, following Guppy's & Nick's suggestions is recommended, although Nick seems to have forgotten that in late 2013 & early 2014 that profanity was allowed in the Random Threads, as Neobond even stated at the time that it was. :p Obviously now it's not allowed, but it was for a couple months.

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up regarding the profanity etc.

Nick, to be honest there isn't really a single reason. Life got in the way I guess.

My Neowin bookmark in Chrome never actually left, just got pushed off the page with snippets from work and home, but I had a good clear out over the new year and recognised that familiar 'N', and here I am!

Guppy, would you accept PayPal? 

• Like 2

I gotta say as well the news on the front page is so much better than before. Maybe it's just me but I remember years ago there'd be one story a day that was at least 3 days old? 

Great improvement

Heh, while I may have been the thread starter that is only because I was tasked to do it for this year. You and I know I'm hardly a regular contributor in that or the previous ones. 

Nick, to be honest there isn't really a single reason. Life got in the way I guess.

My Neowin bookmark in Chrome never actually left, just got pushed off the page with snippets from work and home, but I had a good clear out over the new year and recognised that familiar 'N', and here I am!

Fair play to you. I've had times where I thought I would be needing a break for a while. These days though I think my Internet usage is quite limited. Pretty much the only site that is always, without fail, open in a tab is Neowin. :p

Anyway, welcome back again! (Y)

Thanks for the heads up regarding the profanity etc.

Nick, to be honest there isn't really a single reason. Life got in the way I guess. Aye... been there...

Guppy, would you accept PayPal? 

Sadly, We the Council for high brides, only accept bitcoins, you know, for our own safety.

Heh, while I may have been the thread starter that is only because I was tasked to do it for this year. You and I know I'm hardly a regular contributor in that or the previous ones. 

Fair play to you. I've had times where I thought I would be needing a break for a while. These days though I think my Internet usage is quite limited. Pretty much the only site that is always, without fail, open in a tab is Neowin. :p  +1 x10 :shifty:

Anyway, welcome back again! (Y)

Ok, so now that we now what the problem is, how about you and I do something about it? Well you mostly as you graciously pointed out, i'm a regular over there :laugh:

you came back? Why?? Life will now cease as neowin will once again grow to consume you and everyone around you, flee there's still time................................