Cryptolocker 3.0 is pounding email servers again

I saw on Facebook from a remove-malware.com post that says Cryptolocker 3.0 is pounding email servers again, apparently it's sending out emails that say "Payment Advice."

So just keep your eyes open!

Also keep good a good backup that is not connected to your machine!

I saw on Facebook from a remove-malware.com post that says Cryptolocker 3.0 is pounding email servers again, apparently it's sending out emails that say "Payment Advice."

So just keep your eyes open!

Also keep good a good backup that is not connected to your machine!

Thanks for the heads-up. I just warned my users. We'd had a couple emails like that and I sent out my usual "Spam of the Day" message, but if its Cryptolocker, that merits extra caution.

This is why we have App Locker! Also thanks for the info and "Spam of the Day" email idea.

I try to make the spam warnings fun so the users will actually read them. Lord knows these bottom-feeders deserve a good mocking. :angry:

Blah, it's rather depressing you still need to point out to people to not open mail attachments.. it's not like people have been saying this for decades or anything. Should be required reading in grade school.

Blah, it's rather depressing you still need to point out to people to not open mail attachments.. it's not like people have been saying this for decades or anything. Should be required reading in grade school.

yes but stupid is stupid does. 

we look at things like this and take it for granted that we know how to deal with them, but office jockys who know nothing more than how to log into facebook will be the ones that might fall for opening up an email. Yes the IT department should have good policies in place but no matter how much you say "do not open an email from some one you do not know" some one will.

yes but stupid is stupid does. 

we look at things like this and take it for granted that we know how to deal with them, but office jockys who know nothing more than how to log into facebook will be the ones that might fall for opening up an email. Yes the IT department should have good policies in place but no matter how much you say "do not open an email from some one you do not know" some one will.

I would say the only protection would be password protected while listing.