H1Z1 Early Access Starts Today on Steam

At first I was looking forward to this, but in the end... its just another Zombie Survival game. I was burnt by the lure of Infestation: Survivor Stories (World War Z), I doubt I'll jump on this so early.

At first I was looking forward to this, but in the end... its just another Zombie Survival game. I was burnt by the lure of Infestation: Survivor Stories (World War Z), I doubt I'll jump on this so early.

WarZ was a let down from the beginning. Tried to quickly cash in on the success of DayZ Mod, only to turn out to be a super limited, crappy game by a greedy development crew. We can just ignore that it ever exited.

WarZ ended up feeling too arcadish.

DayZ Mod is still extremely popular. I run a server that is nearly always full (when battleye is working).

For so long i've been waiting for a major dev studio to get behind a game like DayZ Mod, and do a much better job. H1Z1 is that. our hope.

However, with all the delays and such, i'm not so hopeful that it'll be a great game. Meaning, its hard to reproduce the fun that is DayZ Mod, even the Standalone can't do it.

I'm hoping that they got the realistic surviving feeling down, atmosphere, etc. Where you feel like you're really stranded out in the middle of no where, on your own, and trying to survive. DayZ got this feeling perfect, but the game is so limited because of the engine.

we'll see.

If it's crap, we still have Survive The Nights, which looks promising.

And if that one is crap, we have Micreated which seems like it could be decent, lol.

I'll play standalone DayZ when it upgrades its graphics engine

I'll play H1Z1 when it upgrades its graphics engine

(They're both going to DX11...eventually.)

I'm really tempted to try some of the others around (7 Days to Die for example) but can't be arsed to spend more money on unfinished junk.

I'll play standalone DayZ when it upgrades its graphics engine

I'll play H1Z1 when it upgrades its graphics engine

(They're both going to DX11...eventually.)

I'm really tempted to try some of the others around (7 Days to Die for example) but can't be arsed to spend more money on unfinished junk.

I think features and atmosphere are far more important than graphics. The Long Dark has super weird simple graphics, but its feel and atmosphere is so amazing.. To the point you forget about the graphics and get deep into the game.

I'd gladly trade spiffy graphics in for a more realistic and immersive atmosphere. Miscreated is supposed to have nice graphics, but its super early, and super limited in features.

It's been a while since i tried 7 Days To Die, but it seemed more like a first person tower defense game than anything. Basically take the day to build up your shelter, then at night defend it against an endless wave of zombies. Over and over.

I quit buying these early access games ever since i bought The Dead Linger, felt like such a rip, and its been acouple years and still isn't fun to play. But seemed so promising. i can relate to you there.

I think features and atmosphere are far more important than graphics.

It's 2015.  DX9 shouldn't even exist anymore.

Overall, sure, I'd prefer a good game to good graphics, but I'd rather play something with the good graphics.

Dang, downloaded game while at work, came home to play an hour before bed, and i cant sign in.

No idea why a large company like sony online wouldn't prepare for server load.

reddit seems to be full of others complaining about the same issues.

WYj.png

All reports show they are making it Pay to Win..

Pity given the content of the game.

Define "pay to win" - that very phrase means different things to different folks.

Also, this WILL become F2P - as all other multiplatform SOE games already are.  (It will also wrap into the existing AllAccess metric.)

Therefore, I can wait.

This game is definitely further along in development then DayZ at its present time. DayZ standalone has been since what Dec 2013 and hasn't had hardly anything really added? 

A few friends and I are wanting to get into a zombie survival name and can't decide between H1Z1 or DayZ..   HELP!!!

if you do go the dayz route, go with the mod. It's way more fun and indepth than the standalone.

I love the zombies in h1z1. they aren't overly crazy and dont chase you non stop from 500m away. Also don't seem to spawn in front of you.

my idea for a realistic (if thats possible) zombie survival and ot understand that they aren't machines, and should have some jacked up senses, and should ALWAYs come from some where, no from thin air.

And the audio in h1z1 is fantastic.

The sound almost completely changes when you enter building. And the sound of food steps around you and out side is crazy. hearing people come in the houses, up the stairs, opening doors and checking dressers and such for loot can be very intense, especially when you're hiding.

Define "pay to win" - that very phrase means different things to different folks.

Also, this WILL become F2P - as all other multiplatform SOE games already are.  (It will also wrap into the existing AllAccess metric.)

Therefore, I can wait.

people who paid can order airdrop which gives weapons food and ammo among other things and so far seems to practically drop on top of you.

people who paid can order airdrop which gives weapons food and ammo among other things and so far seems to practically drop on top of you.

Head guy says they're fixing that.

Here's what's on the immediate horizon

• Lag fix - we're well aware of many servers seeing heavy lag. We have a fix incoming this am.
  • Hitting the play button to a server and nothing happens or you don't get in - this is directly related to #1
  • G29 / G99 errors - we know what the root cause of this is (we're getting information from Steam too slowly in a lot of cases)- this will be fixed.
  • Very little loot - already fixed and will go up with a hotfix asap.
  • Airdrops - many fixes including how close they drop to you, how wide a radius they drop in.. airplane speed.. and of course making guns way, way less common.
I know there are a ton of other issues but wanted to address the big ones right now. We'll need to bring the servers down later this morning or early afternoon to fix these things.

If you don't see your issue on this list it doesn't mean we aren't working on it.. it's just we're hitting the big problems first.

Thanks

Smed

http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2sn8k6/status_update_1162015_910am_pst/

but really should just remove weapons from it, since they promised you wouldn't be able to get guns like that, just a day or so ago.

i hope they roll out this logging in fix soon. I can't connect, and when it does connect it says my profile isnt associated with the h1z1 (g29 error) account, which it is, i played last night for 5 min.

If you don't like the p2w, they are offering refunds

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

All reports show they are making it Pay to Win..

Pity given the content of the game.

Made worse as it seems they stated on the 11th the game wouldn't be pay-to-win.

• Like 1

The thing is, they take quite a while to drop, they take a long time to open and there are groups of players all heading over to open them. This is hardly pay to win because there is just as much a chance you are going to equip your enemy as there is that you are going to give yourself a temporary advantage. Also, I found a gun inside of one of the shops, so I don't feel like it's a huge advantage.

Game is slowly getting better. I can play for hours straight now without it crashing, which is a very huge improvment from yesterday alone.

However, i can rarely find loot, and the game ends up being a blackberry eating simulator.

Also the constant rain is annoying. It even rains when its mostly sunny

5d3.jpg

Each day the game has huge updates, so hopefully they get this all resolved soon. enjoying it so far, but i cant stand paying for too long due to the no loot being anywhere.

yeah i know who he is, but whats your beef with him?

Whats the issue? other than lying about air drops.

The fact he's been ruining every SOE game he's ever touch since EQ. Him and his "vision"

so I went ahead and purchased this last night and I must say its pretty fun even with the problems..  This is my first venture into these zombie survival games but this is pretty fun.. I am very glad to see them working so hard on it though, because the never finding loot and the constant rain is annoying like blank said. 

The fact he's been ruining every SOE game he's ever touch since EQ. Him and his "vision"

No no real good reason? just cause?

Many of these games probably wouldnt exist without him, which i guess in yoru case could be a good thing?

I think he's a good dev just from my experience with him on h1z1. Is very transparent and keeping us up to date with his often posts on reddit.

No no real good reason? just cause?

Many of these games probably wouldnt exist without him, which i guess in yoru case could be a good thing?

I think he's a good dev just from my experience with him on h1z1. Is very transparent and keeping us up to date with his often posts on reddit.

There's numerous reasons, pointless to list unless you've played SOE games the last decade, and if you did, you'd know about them. 

And sure they would exist, many games would in fact STILL exist if it WASN'T for him.