Help me find a song!

A friend introduced me to a song, and I swear it samples a fairly old dance track.

Basically listen to the first 1:10 of it, not the entire piano section is a direct sample, just the odd part sounds really familiar. Especially the part between 1:02 and 1:07

sounds a little close to an ATB track.... or pre 2005 chicane

Yep that's the right sort of era.

My head keeps going to Robert Miles- Children but its not that. I'm glad you can hear it though, its been killing me for ages trying to find it and its nice to know I'm not fully insane at least.

Have you tried running it through trackID or something similar? Might give you various tracks.

+1 

Install sound hound, Shazam or similar in phones and presto. Would do it myself, on crappy 3g connection atm.

+1 

Install sound hound, Shazam or similar in phones and presto. Would do it myself, on crappy 3g connection atm.

I just get the correct track - problem with those things are they are now pretty good and actually get you the correct track first time. Not helpful when I want a track that sounds like a track, but cheers anyway

I just get the correct track - problem with those things are they are now pretty good and actually get you the correct track first time. Not helpful when I want a track that sounds like a track, but cheers anyway

Oh lulz, forgive my morning daftness, Didn't understand till now :p it is not the actual track you want...

I recall, there was a website where you could upload a song and it would match (similar to soundhound) but it would give you various matches... Don't for the life of me remember now... maybe after some more coffee.

So I listened quite a number of times and I was being brought back to 'Children' as well.  However, since you said that it wasn't it, I'll skip that thought.

They mentioned Chicane, which then brought my mind to Don't Give Up w/ Bryan Adams.  Listen to that and let us know.

damn im without my headphones here... but let me get home and listen, i have a HD dedicated to trance songs hehe i might remember