Can my CPU run The Witcher 3 ?

Hey guys ! I was thinking about pre - ordering The Witcher 3, i look at the requirements and i have everything "recommended", my VGA is even better than the one they ask for (it's a GTX 970), except the CPU, i have a i5 3330, do you guys think i should be fine running the game at 1080p, 50-60 fps at High settings, or i need to consider a upgrade in my CPU to achieve those settings ?

Hey guys ! I was thinking about pre - ordering The Witcher 3, i look at the requirements and i have everything "recommended", my VGA is even better than the one they ask for (it's a GTX 970), except the CPU, i have a i5 3330, do you guys think i should be fine running the game at 1080p, 50-60 fps at High settings, or i need to consider a upgrade in my CPU to achieve those settings ?

Be strong, don't pre-order!

Considering they recommend an R9 290 + i7 CPU and you have a slightly better GPU + slightly slower CPU, you should be fine. There wouldn't be any point in upgrading now anyway, just try it out and see if it works for you or not.

• Like 2

Be strong, don't pre-order!

But...but... the pre - order bonus ;-;

You mean i should wait the game because there is no way to answer my question until there ?

Never pre-order games, especally PC games. Nobody knows how good the game performs in general, and how good the PC port is on top of that, until it's out and people are playing it.

You shouldn't have a problem with that processor. Even if you did, if overclocking is an option then that would make more sense than buying a new processor. Most games are GPU bound - your GTX 970 is more likely to be the bottleneck than your processor, even though it's a powerful card.