Android App: Why they share too much data?

Hi,

I have see that the major of the Android App, share a very large amount of personal data, when you install an App if you read, they ask to share some authorization to access to some information.

But for example, I see that something some app want to access some data that are not useful for their functionality.

For example, i download a Light Torch App... I don't understand because it want to access to my contact list and to my position and my photo.

For that... my question is:  Android, is prone to privacy risk?

Thanks

Oh believe me, I've been wondering the same thing, usually when I ask I get a response, we collect no information, but when I ask 'Then why does the app need access to such things?' I get no response

Play it safe, just use the apps you intend to use, quite a few android phones come with torch applications either in the app drawer or the widgets drawer,

As for the privacy, if you're really concerned, only have on it, the things you need on it.

I have decided not to install some apps once I have read the permissions.  I always look and if they are too much I will look for a better alternative.

Google probably don't care, as they have all your info anyway.

But if a people disallow... he can't use the app

Boo hoo.  Still this is an issue between the user and the developer.  Google present a way to give developers access to what the user allows.  I fail to see how they are the bad guys here!

The app developers are responsible for this, though Google could do more to protect the privacy of users. For instance, a traffic light system could be used for privacy - green for minimal permissions, red for excessive permissions and orange for inbetween. You could also have a system whereby publishers are ranked based on their trustworthiness - trusted publishers like Google, Microsoft or Apple might receive the equivalent of the secure website logo; dubious publishers could receive an untrusted badge.

I'm all for Google allowing people the choice over what they install but more needs to be done to ensure consumers are being given enough information to make an informed decision. Too many people just skip through the permissions screen. I would also like more information about battery drain, as some apps consume excessive amounts of battery in the background.