The Souls series gets into the millions. A dry start for you equates to sales by the way and not quality of titles???

The Order I agree is a wild card, but Bloodborne going by the Souls series is most likely going to review really well.

No not at all, a dry start is only the lack of games at the start of the year outside of Bloodborne. I hope it does sell we'll but I fear another Titanfall. 

This is the basic problem the devs have. They try something new, it's met with a 'meh' attitude from gamers who haven't even tried it so they resort back to FPS like COD.

The gaming industry is in a huge hole and can't get out.

The thing is, this game brings nothing new to the table at all. Many gaming press who played the TGS and Sony exp build said the game was lackluster.

It's an generic third person shooter, which puts cinematics first before gameplay. Not a good sign when that's the devs first priority.

Good thing that COD is not very popular with PC gamers then.

Oh and, adding black lines on the top and the bottom of the screen so that the game renders 30% less stuff is not something new, it is the developers sucking at optimising and being lazy and preferring "cinematic" HA HA "experience", which is NOT welcomed at all between PC gaming circles.

Do us all a favor, once you release whatever game you are developing, let us all know so we can all see what masterpiece of gaming you create since you seem to know so much about game development. It is a miracle that we have gotten by so long without your expertise and knowledge on these forums.

This, watched enough gameplay videos this isn't going to be massive seller. Don't think bloodborne is going to smash sales records either. And their the biggest exclusives Sony has this year outside of Uncharted. Dry start of the year for both consoles. 

I have to agree. Though Bloodborne has a chance. I am probably downloading that one day one.

• Like 1

This is the first next-gen title on either console that to me truly looks next-gen. Which means, PC worthy, lol. Unfortunately it'll never come to PC. But this should be a console seller.

Do us all a favor, once you release whatever game you are developing, let us all know so we can all see what masterpiece of gaming you create since you seem to know so much about game development. It is a miracle that we have gotten by so long without your expertise and knowledge on these forums.

Wow, easy Larry. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LetsSeeYouDoBetter

I like how you call me out on that. Because somehow I am relevant to both the developers' incompetence and the new consoles' joke of a performance, right?

There are billion other developers that don't have to lie to their customers in their faces, saying that they want more "cinematic" experience when we all know the reason they are doing it is because 1. they couldn't be assed to better optimise their games and / or reduce texture quality 2. the new consoles are a joke.

Oh, and negative opinions are opinions, just like positive ones. But funny when one makes an ass out of oneself over the opinion of another.

I think the game looks great (despite the < HD resolution) and I think the plot, setting, and characters seem fantastic. But I'm still peeved that there is no co-op. A team TPS seems like a perfect fit for it. And even if the narrative of the campaign doesn't mesh with co-op (characters may die, or something) then at least add a horde mode. A TPS with werewovles and other supernatural stuff is just SCREAMING for a horde mode. Honestly, I consider its absence from The Order the greatest missed opportunity of the current gen so far.

Due to the lack of co-op, and unknown replayability, I have to skip a day-1 purchase until I hear actual impressions. Destiny has forever destroyed my day-1-buy-in mentality, and the way the industry is headed (I'm looking at you Turtle Rock) I can't support it anymore. More than likely, I'll just borrow my brother's copy when he's done with it.

I hope it's good!

• 2 weeks later...

There are billion other developers that don't have to lie to their customers in their faces, saying that they want more "cinematic" experience when we all know the reason they are doing it is because 1. they couldn't be assed to better optimise their games and / or reduce texture quality 2. the new consoles are a joke.

It's not that they couldn't better optimise the game, it's that they chose to implement anti-aliasing which offers better visuals at the expense of performance. They chose a level of visual fidelity that the next-gen consoles simply aren't able to achieve at 1080p. The issue is that rather than be honest about it they made up nonsense about it being cinematic.

I think the game looks great (despite the < HD resolution) and I think the plot, setting, and characters seem fantastic. But I'm still peeved that there is no co-op. A team TPS seems like a perfect fit for it. And even if the narrative of the campaign doesn't mesh with co-op (characters may die, or something) then at least add a horde mode. A TPS with werewovles and other supernatural stuff is just SCREAMING for a horde mode. Honestly, I consider its absence from The Order the greatest missed opportunity of the current gen so far.

Due to the lack of co-op, and unknown replayability, I have to skip a day-1 purchase until I hear actual impressions. Destiny has forever destroyed my day-1-buy-in mentality, and the way the industry is headed (I'm looking at you Turtle Rock) I can't support it anymore. More than likely, I'll just borrow my brother's copy when he's done with it.

I hope it's good!

This game does scream "Co-Op Campaign Mode"....

Im on the fence with this game though... If it only offers 8-12hrs of gameplay, it will NOT be a day1 for me.  I will pick it later on sale...

If the game offers 20-24hrs of gameplay, then I'm game (bad pun intended)...  

"A User With an Early Copy of The Order: 1886 Has Beaten The Game Within 5 Hours." Rumor.

http://www.onlysp.com/user-early-cop...ithin-5-hours/

If true ouch!

Not true. That was the time between their trophies apparently. It is confirmed to be 10 hours. Which for me is the perfect length considering I only get to game 1-2 hours everytime I sit down.

I get why people who have more time on their hands want games to be longer, if I had a lot of time like I once had I would imagine I would still be okay with it as well, however I feel a lot of games these days start to feel stale after the 10th hour or so, but more important as a 40 year old gamer, 10 hours is a good length as it means I should hopefully beat it within 2-3 weeks (not kidding there) and I will also get to check out other games.

To provide a real world example, I just beat The Evil Within last month and had it since launch. Game said I spent 22 hours playing. It was released on October 14th. So a 22 hour game took me about 3 months to finish, although I was playing some other games here and there.

Back when I was younger and 22 hour long game could be beaten in 3 days. Not anymore. So for selfish reasons I am okay with a 10 hour campaign. In fact I prefer it.

Not true. That was the time between their trophies apparently. It is confirmed to be 10 hours.

It's strange be everytime a reviewer says a game is 10 hours long it takes me 25 hours to finish it lol I like to stare at gfx and i'm sure i would do it a lot in this game. The game still look far too easy from the gameplay videos i watch.